New Headunit?

if you want an oe match colour wise becker are supposed to have really good sound quality according to our very own AndyMac forum member.

don't look as good as the Pioneer though.

I have the same one and am not very impressed with it.
Mine will not change colour from blue and will not tune into radio stations very well, customer support is pretty poor too

if you want an oe match colour wise becker are supposed to have really good sound quality according to our very own AndyMac forum member.

don't look as good as the Pioneer though.

Becker are the only aftermarket HU I'd entertain. Sound quality is great and they are among the few units on the market which don't make your car look fresh from the pages of Max Chav magazine.

I recon they are overpriced personally (the beckers).

They basically are playing on the fact that they're the only company that make boring looking head units, and reaming you a new hole for the privilege.

I think a careful shopping trip can net you a "normal" aftermarket head unit which sounds good and doesnt look OTT in the dashboard, yes a lot of them look chavtastic, but tasteful ones do exist, and if you find something with red illumination it will look fine.

Remember that the Audi uses a non standard size hole, so even with the becker its still going to look non-standard, and its never going to match look and color perfectly. Personally i think i'd look like you'd pulled a OE stereo out of some other car and rammed it in the dash.

I don't think they're pricey at all. You pay for quality and any quality HU is going to cost in excess of £200. Yes there are cheaper HU's on the market that are identical in features, but regardless of the cheapo chavvy look of most of them they will also use much cheaper components inside - yes thats how they manage to make them so cheap duh! They are built to a price, where better quality HU's are built to be quality and the price follows. You all own Audi's - surely you know this stuff already!

The Beckers are very very good quality units. The sound quality is very smooth and clear, and despite Becker quoting power outputs as actual outputs and not MAX like everyone else. I used to use one when i was into sound quality etc.

Now i have a double DIN Pioneer unit in my facelift console and am well chuffed as it palys DVDs ,Divx,Mp3's,USb and Ipod control. Lights up red and looks almost Oe despite the mass of features it has. Also i always output to amps so the quality of the HU internal amp is less important

Mark any chance of a pic of yours mines a facelift might look into a double din is there room with the aircon controls?

I have the lot swapped over to S4 double Din, the console and the climate HU are diff i believe, however i am sure there is plenty that have removed the ashtray and stuck the climate in there.

Its hard to see how normal it looks fom outside the car, not blingy at all.
100_3296.jpg

100_3294.jpg

100_3295.jpg