Engine Under tray needed

d4mo

Reaction score
Guys, whilst doing my control arm swap over I removed my under tray to make some of the access a bit easier, I have noticed whilst doing this that my current tray is missing large chunks and fitting bolts as most of it appeared to be held on with black Tie Wraps!!

MY MOT is due now (will be booked in once i finsh the control arms off), will this affect my pass/fail?

Obviously I want to replace this regardless of it being an MOT pass or fail so does anyone out there have one going? Are they all the same for all models or do i have to get a specific one for the Quattro Avant?

Cheers again

My old TDi was missing a few fasteners, I never got around to ordering new ones and just used zip ties. No problem.

Shouldn't fail the MOT provided it's securly fitted.

My current car is missing the rear half.

Cheers, oddly enough its the rear half thats missing off mine also, I'll give it a scrub and get some new cable ties on it once the control arms have finally been done.

mine was held on with cable ties for about 3 years then I took it off and never put it back on.
sold it for £20!

no issuw with MOT's. I like to think its cooler under there now!

i should really secure mine to be honest, some chav **** threw a coping stone in front of a lorry a few vehicles in front and the shrapnel obliterated mine. dread to think what damage would of been done with out it though

never had one on mine from when i got it and cant say i want one.