Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Nez
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    596

    My number plates were stolen :(

    Yesterday some stupid people stolen my number plats in front of my house so be carefull guys out there, it cost me another Ł22.00 to replace them
    Last edited by voorhees; 8th May 2009 at 18:20.
    (Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)



    Traffic Exchange Site http://www.limehits4u.com/

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    97
    I take it you reported this to the Police? I hear its become quite popular for 'bad people' to nick number plates of a similar model car and put it on their own for when they do their 'bad stuff' as your plate is the one that will get noted down then the Police come knocking to find out what you have been up to.
    SOLD :: Ming Blue 99' 2.8 Quattro Avant :: Mats, boot liner and spare wheel for sale.

    Now Looking for a decent A4 Avant diesel for less than Ł1600


  4. #3
    Blue_Thunder's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,693
    There can't be many Hibiscus Red S4's in the UK to fit them to!

    Probably worth reporting to the DVLA just incase you start getting speeding tickets, or probably more likely down in London - congestion charge fines.
    Mo power, mo problems

  5. #4
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,523

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Its more common since the DVLA clamped down on shops producing plates without ID and that. So its easier just to rip some of a similar car

  6. #5
    Nez
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    596
    Already report it to the police yesterday.
    (Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)



    Traffic Exchange Site http://www.limehits4u.com/

  7. #6
    jcb
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    4,077
    DVLA as well.
    more relevant as thier database covers speeding, congestion charges etc etc

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    East Berkshire
    Posts
    178
    I'd be tempted to let your insurance company know as well...... just in case one of these ' accident' frauds takes place??
    If you don't tell them it will be wrong and if you do it will be wrong !!
    Never seen a hibiscus S4 so you are probably right, fairly rare.
    ChrisG

  9. #8
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,389
    Doesnt really have to be a hibiscus S4 though does it...

    Any red A4 will be close enough, the DVLA will only store "red" as the color, and no copper is going to notice the difference between a A4 and an S4 unless they happen to be audi fans themselves.

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC ÂŁ999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  10. #9
    olds_kool's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    stoke on trent
    Posts
    1,071
    now youve reported it you will probably get pulled by any police car with a number plate recognition camera and they should check your car out, so it might be a pain in the arse
    kev
    a4 stuff http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/olds_kool_gti
    99 1.8tqs black saloon
    99 1.8tqs grey avant
    90 eunos roadster

  11. #10
    the matrix is comin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ramsgate
    Posts
    147
    there is alot of that going on. all for the wrong reason. down here its more to fill there car with petrol an drive off.
    built in germany caressed and loved in england.

  12. #11
    Nez
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    there is alot of that going on. all for the wrong reason. down here its more to fill there car with petrol an drive off.
    I think thats the only reason that they stole number plats
    (Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)



    Traffic Exchange Site http://www.limehits4u.com/

  13. #12
    Nez
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    DVLA as well.
    more relevant as thier database covers speeding, congestion charges etc etc
    They police told me not to worry as they already updated their system

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    I'd be tempted to let your insurance company know as well...... just in case one of these ' accident' frauds takes place??
    If you don't tell them it will be wrong and if you do it will be wrong !!
    Never seen a hibiscus S4 so you are probably right, fairly rare.
    Yea My S4 is very rare in colour and hardly you can see one around but they could use any A4 same colour as my

    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Doesnt really have to be a hibiscus S4 though does it...

    Any red A4 will be close enough, the DVLA will only store "red" as the color, and no copper is going to notice the difference between a A4 and an S4 unless they happen to be audi fans themselves.
    You are mate

    Quote Originally Posted by olds_kool View Post
    now youve reported it you will probably get pulled by any police car with a number plate recognition camera and they should check your car out, so it might be a pain in the arse
    So far no police car stopped me so hope that is not the case
    (Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)



    Traffic Exchange Site http://www.limehits4u.com/

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO