Facelift Xenons to prefacelift halogen

RS_Rawli

Reaction score
Hi, just had a quick search and couldnt find any definate answers

just wondering if facelift oem Xenons have the ballasts etc as part of the light, also will they fit onto a prefacelift with only the plug swap as per the usual facelift lamp upgrade?

do i need anything else

cheers

chris

Are you trying to fit facelift xenon ballasts and igniters into your pre-facelift lamps?

If so, it's not worth it. The facelift xenon ballasts are integrated into the facelift headlights so would be very difficult to fit to pre-facelift lamps. Would suggest you either:

a) Buy a decent set of aftermarket HID's (50-55w 4300-6000k)
b) Buy some facelift lights. You can get a new pair of Valeo halogen lamps for about £110.

nahh, i want to fit the facelift lamps to! but theyre oem xenon ones so im wanting to know if its as straight forward as the regular facelift light mod and are the ballasts part of the light or will i need to get them from the car

chris

Yeah just as thunder says.

Look up what xenon lamps d2s or what kind it can be, and then u buy a HID xenon kit and fit it to the new headlights (may I suggest getting some xenon headlights, expensive but way worth it as I did it myself)

Yeah thats what im trying to find out! im buying some one piece, OEM xenon headlights and i want to fit them to my prefacelift!

I recently fitted OEM facelift xenons to my S4. I only had one oem ballast and couldn't find a matching one for love nor money.

Ended up selling the OEM ballast and just fitting some aftermarket HID's. I got ones with the large ballasts and attached one to the ABS bracket and the other to the airbox. I also had to cover the holes underneath the lamps where the ballasts should fit to seal them.

I paid a fortune from a breakers for some facelift plugs, but turns out you can get them fairly reasonably from a dealership.