Sky InsuranceEM Tuning

Thread: bov and mbc

Neutral

Status

bov and mbc

right so why is it not good to have a blow off valve, i know some hate the things, so except the chav status whats the other reason not to

and manual boost controller, if i was to ditch the n75 how can i dissconnect it without the computer spazing out, and any reccomendations on wich one??????

2. # ADS
    ADS

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    your MAF dependant ECU factors in the recirculating charge into the fuelling equation and can run way off if you vent the charge to atmosphere.
    if you want to run any other kind of controller without the ECU "spazzing out" diconnect the N75 but leave the electrical connection plugged in.

but honestly, hiking boost, tricking the N75, cranking wastegates etc etc withithout an appropriate remap will leave you lean and kill your turbo or engine or both eventually.

6th Gear

Status
    Get it sorted before you think about modding it!

Oh, drew a blank with finding the details of the guy I bought mine from in Anglesey.
    Mo power, mo problems

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    I wouldnt be putting a manual boost controller anywhere near an S4 engine...

Firstly the ecu will instantly cut the fuel if you boost any more than stock anyway.
    Secondly, if it cant control the boost curve the way it wants to, you'll end up in limp mode.
    Thirdly, if you do get it wrong and put some speed holes in the pistons or blow the turbos, its a very expensive fix!

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Neutral

Status
    cheers guys, thats really great info will steer clear of the mbc, and no mods are going anywhere near the car until its sween as a nut, dont worry im not a dim whitt haha

4th Gear

Status
    I run a mbc parallel only to stop boost and limp mode until fueling and remap is done hopefully in the next few weeks i run low boost just for peace of mind really . But yeh just running a mbc to over boost is not a good idea
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have a mbc on my car leave the n75 in with it still plugged in and connect the two pipes to ur mbc mine seems to be fine holding 1.2 bar.

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    I have get a dump valve on my S4 and its atmosphere and my car is only putting 249.1 BHP meannig its not good to run a dump valve on S4 at atmosphere
    (Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)

Traffic Exchange Site http://www.limehits4u.com/