Which Springs?

Mr K

Reaction score
Pay day is coming, the cambelt will soon be out of the way and im looking to lower my A4 and get my new wheels on, but am not sure which springs to use. im looking for a good 40mm drop, and am happy to pay for a decent spring to maintain a half decent ride.

this car's stance is my bench mark, this is down as running 'H&R Race springs, and grooved bilsteins'

18x8et3415mmrearspacerhrracesprings.jpg

what is meant by grooved bilsteins? and where is best to get theese springs?

when i looked i could only find normal H&R springs listed on their website, and no mention of the 'race spring' range? have they changed their range or is this the same thing?

my car is a '00 2.8 Quattro, tiptronic, saloon.

Many thanks.

cool, cheers. i will drop you a PM in a moment.

i assume the car above is probably on the 60/40s, and mine wont turn out that low. hmm. theese might end up being a stop gap until coil overs!

what exactly is a meant by 'grooved' with the bilstein?

Thanks

I ran H&R Race springs on both my B5 A4's and depending on price RS4 shocks would suit the setup fine.

It's the springs that set the hight.

My old 2.8 Quattro on H&R race spings on none sport shocks with 18" rims (Shock where not up to the job)
2.jpg

1.8T quattro with H&R Race spings and RS4 shocks (Picture taken 3 days after install)
FMIC.jpg

Doc, they are the -40mm ones i assume?

the reason for asking about the grooved billies was if the grooving was anything to do with crude adjustable spring seats?

im currently running the red sport shocks, but at 80,000miles its time to replace them so i will have to look at RS4 shocks. are they a strait swap for the stock units?

Shock will be a straight swap and H&R have sport and Race the race is the biggest drop and sport is not much different from stock.

cool. will make some enquiries about the shocks, i was going to leave that for a few months and replace all suspension arms at the same time.

i guess the -40mm one are the race springs then. the -30s are only 10mm futher than the sport kit!

many thanks.

im off to place my order.

The H&R Race spring will work fine with sport shock if you are planning to go coilover at a later date and unlike the miff they will not blow up, I ran stock sport shock for over a year on my H&R's.

Order placed! thanks guys.

Sorry damian, i ended up going direct.