Smoke coming out of the engine :(

Nez

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Website
peace.netfreehost.com
Hi all just need some help guys :( today after check the oil and water on the car I open the boot and I saw a little smoke coming from the corner of the engine where is the turbo house on left side and then after few min's it stopped and then again it started :(

There is no error code and engine runs fine with no problem so what it could be guys anyone had this problem with their car ?

Here is the picture and I mark it where the smoke coming from :(

020420091531.jpg

could be a rocker cover gasket gone, mine was the same until i changed the seal and now all is cool. try seeing if you have any oil leaking

Camshaft chain tensioner leak?

is replacing the tensioner a cam-out job? as my chains make a noise some mornings for a moment when i first start it up. i presume whilst the tensioner pressurises.

could be a rocker cover gasket gone, mine was the same until i changed the seal and now all is cool. try seeing if you have any oil leaking

2nd that. The smell should be fairly obvious if it is oil leaking and dripping onto the turbo.

I checked for oil leak but found nothing but there is oil burn smell :( and I also I washed the part where it was smoke with water and now it stopped :uhm:

My engine bay stunk of burning oil the first night I drove it home. Turns out the guys in the workshop had filled the oil from a watering can without a funnel none too accurately.

Well, the camBELT tensioner does not have a gasket. I guess they de-tensioned the
belt, did the gaskets on the cam tensioners (mechanical devices to adjust cam position
- S4 has VVC) and rocker cover, then put on a new belt and belt tensioner. The reason
I commented was that new mechanical tensioners are about 300 quid each. You still got
a good deal at that price if they replaced the cambelt.

Well, the camBELT tensioner does not have a gasket. I guess they de-tensioned the
belt, did the gaskets on the cam tensioners (mechanical devices to adjust cam position
- S4 has VVC) and rocker cover, then put on a new belt and belt tensioner. The reason
I commented was that new mechanical tensioners are about 300 quid each. You still got
a good deal at that price if they replaced the cambelt.

What I have in the invoice are these:

Timing Belt Kit
Water Pump
Auxillery Belt
Auxillery Tensioner
Anti Freeze
Tensioner House

All that for £370 :)

Yep, belt tensioners. That is still an absolute bargain though.