Re-furbed wheels.

Dan Glybitts

Reaction score
Well, after a week of my new P&J wearing some badly corroded and curbed standard S4 alloys with old worn and flat spotted tyres, i finally picked up the re-furbed wheels today. They're 19" RS4 Reps. They were the alloys that came on the car but they were painted in some sort of chrome paint and badly curbed.

I got some Toyo proxy T1R's fitted as I had a set on another car and was pleased with them.

They've been blasted, painted in anthracite and diamond cut on the face.

What do you think?

001-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

It seems the mobile tyre fitter (a mate) and I have solved the serious judder at 80mph. The brakes on the front have 10mm wheels spacers so that the inside of the wheel clears the caliper. They have the centre locating flanges but the tapers at the base of the flange were slightly, and I mean slightly too big for the taper in the centre of the wheel. The Savage who fitted them before had obviously not noticed and had just wanked the bolts up as tight as he could! The rear spacers were the same. No wonder I could just about keep hold of the steering wheel at speed!!!!!

One by one we managed to remove the spacers and mate them to the wheels and bit by bit remove just enough ally form the wheel centre for it to sit flat.
Came home on the M26 today and gave it some beans. No wobble!

Result.

Thanks!

Don't mind at all they were £65 each plus VAT. The guys down at Wheel Works or Wicked Wheels as it used to be known in Crawley always do a great job.

Dude, your car's the nuts, mate.

Also, I now require some pre-facelift S4 headlamps. Me likey.

ive been wondering which wheels to put on my S4 and was debating B7 RS4 reps as ive only seen a few with them on and thought they didnt do it justice but looking at yours mate i think im gona go for the B7's now, nice rims

those are lovely and at £65 an absolute bargain!
worth a journey down there as the £50 per corner I spent on refurb was a waste on money