Trouble finding FMIC

AB5QTS

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having trouble finding an FMIC for my 1999 A4 1.8 TQS. I'm just after a smallish one as am not going for big hp. I would like one that would require the least amount of bumper cutting.
Has anyone got any suggestions of ones they have used etc? All welcome.

Cheers

I have the Autobahn88 FMIC on my car which only required minimal bumping trimming although others have fitted supposedly the same FMIC and the dimensions have been different.

Probably get the supplier to confirm the dimensions and possibly try an MDF/cardboard mock up first to be sure.

Cheers for that Lee. I have seen the Autobahn88 online. Good plan about making a mockup. Might try that one.:salute:

I have the autobahn 88 one too. Great kit. I have an S4 bumper and had to cut it slightly. Had i had Lee's one i recon it would have fitted straight on as his is very slghtly thinner.
Do you have aircon? If not no cutting required IIRC

Yeah I've got the two plates. I'm assuming the front one is the a/c. Is there different models of Autobahn then, if Lee has a thinner one than yourself.

Just been hunting for the Autobahn 88 FMIC. Does anyone know the difference between the Autobahn88.co.uk one at £269 and the AB88.com one at £403? Both quotw same size etc.....

£134 ;)

sorry, I'll get my coat

Yeah I've got the two plates. I'm assuming the front one is the a/c. Is there different models of Autobahn then, if Lee has a thinner one than yourself.

Mine and Mark's were sold as the same product but differ slightly.. that's why you'd be best to ask the supplier for actual dimensions of their particular intercooler. It could just be a down to a difference in production dates, locations etc.

That's very good Lee. Gold star student :tumble:.

Ok. The reason I ask cos I'm getting it fitted by my local Audi mechanic and want to cut out any unnecessary labour time costs.

Any thoughts on this ebay one? I'm just getting a remap so not huge increase in output.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-A4-A6-TT-1-8T-FMIC-FRONT-MOUNT-INTERCOOLER-KIT_W0QQitemZ380119593364QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item380119593364&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Cheers

You do know that this is not a bolt on kit don't you? Pipework will need modding or purchasing in addition to the kit as i believe its a 1.8t golf kit

You do know that this is not a bolt on kit don't you? Pipework will need modding or purchasing in addition to the kit as i believe its a 1.8t golf kit

I think 70mm intercooler depth (back to front) will be too much with the standard bumper.. from memory mine is a fair bit thinner.

Cheers Lee.

I'm gonna have to find something quick cos i got my re-map in early june.

Right, I'm possibly going to get an FMIC custom made and the company needs to know some details. Can you give me an idea of what kind of boost I will be running at after a re-map. I know that it is very variable but is there an average boost that an a4 1.8t with a KO3 turbo will run at?
:uhm: