HELP! My sunroof is possessed!

I

imported_bpascua

Hello,

I have a 96 A4 1.8T. I bought it at the weekend and already my problems have started. Driving to work today I opened the electric sunroof one notch raising the sunroof. As I was driving along and I set the sunroof to closed and nothing happened? then a few seconds later it closed, then a few seconds later opened and closed and opened and closed. Maybe an electrical fault - can anybody advise me what to do?

Thanks

Brian

Ghostbusters? I have no idea what to do about a sparatic sunroof, although my father's Allroad is currently having similar problems. Perhaps because he left the sunroof and windows open during a rain storm.

Same here, occasionally.

I have found that the electric sunroof switch [near the rear view mirror] is a little sensitive. My sunroof opens slightly now and again, causing you to think that the door isn't shut properly, or something.

When mine does it, I just tap the switch gently and sorts it out. I intend to dismantle that panel as the interior lights are sensitive too - i.e. sometimes doesn't come on when opening the door, touch it gently and it works.

In my case, I think it's just crappy contacts...

I have a smilar prolem with my drivers front window; when it's raising (auto or manally) sometimes it'll just stop about 1 open and lower to about 6 inches open - no regular pattern either! very wierd!!

anyone else have this?

cheers

hey i have the mental sunroof also, it opens all the way sometimes, really annoying when its raining, and its weird but it seems worse when its damp or raining.

It sounds like water may be getting into the switch and shorting across the contacts. I would dismantle the switch unit and thoroughly dry it all out. Then check to see if water is coming in from somewhere that it shouldn't. Hope this helps.

Take it to a dealer and pay them hundreds of dollars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hello All,

I took the car to my mechanic, he took the leccy sunroof switch apart and cleaned it up. It seems that the switches are prone to these problems - that seems to have cleared the issue up. I am once again happy!! so if anyone else has a dodgy switch is deffo worth taking a look and stripping it down.

Cheers

Brian