S4 Cam belt Service

Nez

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Website
peace.netfreehost.com
Ok as you guys know last time I was looking to do the Cam belt Service on my S4 and the cheaps I could find was £350 but I left it for sometime and now I found another garage that does this for £290 :) so the car is book for thursday :) will let you guys know if its a good garage :)

That's not a bad price at all mate! Hope it all goes well for you

you should have bought the kit for like £50 used and done it yourself, saved a killing

Not an easy job if you're not that good wit spanners though, cam belts scare a lot of people

too true mate, my old man doin his own but he mad old school, give him some sticky back plastic a pair of oven gloves and some vaseline and he'll make you his own engine lol let us know how she turns out thursday.

Are you getting the water pump, thermostat, belt damper and tensioners included for that price?

If all that's included - water pump, belt, tensioners, G12+ coolant and thermostat, with the amount of labor involved, I'd have said it's too cheap.

If this turns out all good, then it could be worth some folks travelling a bit for a price like that! Me wonders if they know what they're getting themselves into!

If this turns out all good, then it could be worth some folks travelling a bit for a price like that! Me wonders if they know what they're getting themselves into!

They are a very big garage been in London over 15 years now and I know these guys for very long time so I do trust them :)

Ok guys everything is done and car sound great :) Timing Belt service was done £290 + Auxillery Tensioner and Tensioner Housing :) parts that has been changel as follows:

Timing Belt
'NTN' and 'INA' Timing Belt Tensioner Idlers
Water Pump w/ Gasket
6 Liters OEM Pentosin G12 PINK Antifreeze (4-1.5L Bottles – Appropriate Amount for Complete Cooling System Flush)
Serpentine Belt
Thermostat With O-Ring
Auxillery Belt
Auxillery Tensioner
Tensioner Housing

The Tensioner house had problem so they had to change that too and they charged me extre £80 :(

So everything done for £370.

Happy days
at least now you know everythings sorted and you can sleep easy.

He sure did! If that was all done properly with the locking tool, I am just amazed at the labour rate you got it done for as I can't see how any shortcuts could be taken, so the hours must have just been cheap! Well done.

Yea I was very luck :) getting this deal it was amazing but its good that everything went well :)

The only thing that they done is that they didn't fixed the front bumper properly but I spokening to them and they will fix it on tuesday :)

would you mind naming the company, as you have had a positive experiance with them?

Ok here is the details of the Garage :)

Saints Of Harrow
239 Watford Road;
Harrow, Middlesex,
HA1 3TU
UK
Tel: 0208 904 7900
Asking for steven :)

I also get another garage detail that dose this job for £350 I will soon get its detail too :)