EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Is there a worthwhile cheap option to milltek??

hey all!

just about to 'invest' (keep telling myself its an investment anyway...) in a downpipe, 100cpsi highflow cat an back system for the S4

thought i'd get it while re-mappin....

anyone help justify the 2 grand it's gona cost.... i'm havin serious doubts for the 20 odd brake i'd get if i'm lucky??

sound good though!
    Audi S4 Black on Black. 1999(T)facelift, Aluminium Mirrors, KW Varient 3 coilovers, AmD remap, uprated D/V's, 315bhp375Lb/ft torque, milltek down, 100cpsi cats an back, S4 B6 18" Oem runnin toyo T1-R's. Rs4 B5 front brakes still to fit...

2. # ADS
    ADS

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    You'll need 2 downpipes and cats to start with, can get some good systems from the states, I run a cat-back 3" Vibrant, with Labree downpipes, i bought the catback for around $400, however the downpipes are the expensive bit, I was lucky, my downpipes and cats cost $1600 new, but i got a US ebay bargain for $400. The cheaper option is to gut the pre-cats in the downpipes therefore freeing up the flow but keeping the original downpies, then de-cat the main ones, or have some hi-flow ones welded in, or if you can find a set get some RS4 downpipes, again gutted precats, but they run a slightly bigger bore and 200cpsi main cats.
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

Status
    There are loads of options out there X-Power have a system which people have said works well providing you get a pro to fit it due to some bad fitting but in all it is said to be a very good system for the money (750) have a look on RS246 and AudiSRS.com
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The XS power system can bit hit or miss, i think the general concensus is that they have a number of jigs, some of which are perfect and others arent. If you get a system from the good jigs, your good, if its from the crap ones its a bit of an arse.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

6th Gear

Status
    I went out in an S4 last night with a full XS-Power exhaust system fitted. It's too loud for my liking, but certainly on this car was good for over 450bhp!
    Mo power, mo problems

6th Gear

Status
    I should mention, the guy has had an S4 previously and had also fitted an XS-Power system to that one. Completely standard apart from that, it got 270bhp on the rollers (when other standard S4's on the same day had barely made 260) and had done high mileage.

He said the first system fit easily, but with this one it was a PITA and one of the downpipes hangs an inch or two lower than the other. He's going to an exhaust place to get some flexis welded in and getting one pipe made a bit shorter so they fit equally.

Saved himself some big bucks over a Milltek, and still has a very well performing system.
    Mo power, mo problems

6th Gear

Status
    Hayward & Scott. Custom fabricated by the automotive exhaust Gods. What these chaps can't do with an exhaust system you could write on the head of a very small pin. It sure as hell won't be cheap but when you're looking at 2k anyway it's got to be worth a phone call.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com