New A4 Owner

cjrob

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just bought myself a 98 A4 2.8 Quattro Avant, 120k on the clock and really enjoying driving it, it still feels pretty solid and the engine still goes like a train.

I have a few issues with it which I hope are simple fixes and was looking for a bit of advice on how to get her back to her former glory.

the Cruise doesnt seem to be working, yet to check fuses but is there a common fault I could check

the Drivers heated seat is also not working, again is this common?

the previous owner replaced the radiator creating both sides of the front bumper appears to sag, I can pop it back in but after a brief drive they fall down again, is there a technique to pop them back in.

are there any VAG breakers around the Edinburgh area as I am
needing a few bodywork parts

sorry for all the questions, any advice is much appreciated :thumbsup:

Theres a vag breaker in linlithgow iirc, cant mind the name of it though, SCB in newbridge might have the odd A4 if its just panelwork your after too.

The cruise will be the older vacuum system and theres quite a few places they can go wrong, although most common is the stalk, Theres a nice diagnostic write up over on audiworld.

Hi mate,

You need to make sure the side bumper brackets are located correctly at the top and bottom which can be a pain sometimes. I usually locate the bottom part of the bracket first and then push down on the bumper just above the bracket to locate the top part.

Theres a vag breaker in linlithgow iirc, cant mind the name of it though, SCB in newbridge might have the odd A4 if its just panelwork your after too.

The cruise will be the older vacuum system and theres quite a few places they can go wrong, although most common is the stalk, Theres a nice diagnostic write up over on audiworld.

Hmmm, think the 2.8 even as far back as 98 is DBW isn't it ?

Hi guys,

just bought myself a 98 A4 2.8 Quattro Avant, 120k on the clock and really enjoying driving it, it still feels pretty solid and the engine still goes like a train.

I have a few issues with it which I hope are simple fixes and was looking for a bit of advice on how to get her back to her former glory.

the Cruise doesnt seem to be working, yet to check fuses but is there a common fault I could check

the Drivers heated seat is also not working, again is this common?

the previous owner replaced the radiator creating both sides of the front bumper appears to sag, I can pop it back in but after a brief drive they fall down again, is there a technique to pop them back in.

are there any VAG breakers around the Edinburgh area as I am
needing a few bodywork parts

sorry for all the questions, any advice is much appreciated :thumbsup:

Just curious mate, where abouts in the edinburgh area?