ko3 turbos

stub

the matrix is comin
Reaction score
does anyone know if the ko3 turbo is the same for all the vag group. the one i've found is off a AGU engine. would the make any diff to fitting.

AGU is transverse set-up, so is unsuitable for your B5.

does that mean i've got to find one off a a4 b5. why wouldn't it fit as same ko3
turbo

K03 is just the model name, the bit after that tells you exactly what model it is.

for instance it might say K03-025

Any K03 from a longitudinally mounted 1.8T will fit, this means any A4, A6 or Passat

would it be poss just to change the casing on it as the one i've seen has a longer pipe also a elbow on it. surely they can't be that much diff to them

if it was ludicrously cheap to take a chance on it then perhaps.

You'd have to strip both housings off, ensure the turbine and compressor are the same as whats currently on the turbo, and then refit the core to your existing housings.

^^^ And you'd need to get the whole assembly balanced.

Get the right one, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

If the turbine wheels contact the housings at high rpm, your engine would likely ingest bits of metal, and you'd need a new intercooler, as you'd never be able to get all the particles out.

well it only needs balanced if you touch the rotating assembly, ie the shaft or turbine/compressor,

I've never actually seen a K03 in bits, but some turbos you can unbolt the compressor and turbine housings without touching the shaft or turbine etc meaning you can swap housings without having to rebalance the shaft...

As i said though, it would only be worth messing with if the A3 turbo was ludicrusly cheap

found a turbo and it shuld arrive today or tomorrow with any luck. got it off a passat aeb engine. so fingers ccrossed we get it running again