rear wiper motor good result

yendall24

Reaction score
a couple of weeks ago my rear wiper motor packed up so today i decided to have a look and see if a fix was possible. i removed the complete unit from the car then i detached the gear cover only to find the internal steel gears badly corroded then i took the motor off to allow me to turn the gears by gripping the shaft that the wiper arm fits on with a pair of molegrips i drenched the gears in wd40 and worked them eventually it freed up i kept spraying wd40 and working the gears until they was running freely then i filled the gears with copperslip grease and again worked the gears to get it in everywhere then i reattached the internal part of the motor and temporarely fitted it back on the car i did this so i could manually turn the water jet hole so it lined up with the wiper arm when at rest i took it back off the car and fitted the motor cover and the gear cover then i fitted it back on the car plugged it in and tried it it worked perfectly i attached the water hose reassembled everything and now it works just fine it only took an hour with a few basic tools and i saved myself about 60 quid so if your rear wiper as stopped working give it a go you have got nothing to lose

Well done. I've been here too, but I think my wiring is gubbed. Rear liner has to come out:crying:...

the rust usually comes from the pipe that runs thru the wiper motor to the spray nozzle.

They fracture and fill the motor with screenwash, which is what causes the rust. If you havent replaced the tube, the fault will return, so get a new pipe sorted!

Not sure, I looked into that and ended up getting an 02 skoda estate motor that fitted fine....still doesn't work though due to said wiring. I think any plastic or good rubber tube should suffice provide length and diameter are the same?