Wheels:- A6 to A4?

audinary

Complete And Utter Member
Reaction score
I know there are endless threads here about wheels, but I have an opportunity to pick up a set of wheels for a knock down price, just round the corner from me.

Theyre from a 2002 A6, 17" with 235/45/17. Will these slide straight on?

My OEM sport alloys have flakey laquer and are pretty much past saving, these A6 rims would be great as a temporary set until I get something proper.

offset?
dont ditch your ronal 10 spokes just yet. I had the same issue, got them refurbed without the polished lip and sold them for £450 to a guy in spain!

The chap selling them doesn't know the offset, but they are OEM units from an '02 A6.

I have asked our bodyshop guy here at Merc about refurbs, but they are too heavily corroded under the lacquer to do anything about. They're the sport 5 spokes (probably still Ronal?)

Problem is my car has been cherished by its previous owner, heated garage etc. etc. Now it's exposed to the elements almost every day I bet it starts to rust like a goodun....

offset?
dont ditch your ronal 10 spokes just yet. I had the same issue, got them refurbed without the polished lip and sold them for £450 to a guy in spain!

urm refurbers can repair kerbing and suchlike, so a bit of laquer peeling/bubbling isnt a big issue, they'll jsut shotblast the corrosion away and then powdercoat them.

You will need to find the offset and width to be sure, but they should be pretty close to ok.

urm refurbers can repair kerbing and suchlike, so a bit of laquer peeling/bubbling isnt a big issue, they'll jsut shotblast the corrosion away and then powdercoat them.

You will need to find the offset and width to be sure, but they should be pretty close to ok.

Yeah, estimates for refurb are about £40 per wheel, which is exactly what these 17s complete with tyres are going to cost me.

I think I'm going to get them and suck it and see. Cheers guys

ask him to have a look on the back of the wheels, it should tell him the size and offset there it has on all the oem wheels ive had before it will be on the back of one of the spokes or around face that sits on the hub etc

Cheers chaps, I've bought them now (eBay, £92), I'll pick 'em up during the week and if they're no good I'll put them back on eBay.

Been out all day so not able to communicate with the seller. So far as fitting goes if these came of a C5 A6, they ought to go on a B5 A4, as my current alloys were available on the A6 anyway.

Well, I'll give it a whirl.