getting tired of this,.

Adam-D

Reaction score
just got the bulbs for my dash, come out the dealership, starts chucking it down, and wipers have failed. dammit, stalk seems ok as the rear one works, so any common fault with these? relay? motor? fuse,.,, cant check atm its still raining.

I think the linkage seizing is the most common problem.

i got a 2nd hand linkage and motor from the scrappy
and it works, my linkage looks new in comparison thou,

but it definatly doesnt work :(

if you detatch the linkage from the old motor, does the linkage move?

The spindles in the linkage are known to sieze, but if the linkage moves freely, then i presume its the motor that has failed in your case.

ill undo it all sat, just happy its running, it seems everytime i do something to make it better, something else see its **** lol

It IS a 13 year old car...

The fact that is hasn't rotted away like a 13yearold ford or citreon doesnt mean it will work flawlessly :p

We sold a 2001 Fiesta for £1300 and baught the audi for the same money. The fiesta had nothing done to in in the time we owned it, bar some brake disks and pads just before we sold it. The Audi (a 1996) is a FAR better car, but its done 180k and ive had little things to fix on it almost every month we've owned it. Calipers, suspension arms, engine mounts, bits of trim, rear wiper motor, the list goes on and on.

But when you factor in how much depreciation you'd get from a newer car (we lost £1200 on that fiesta in 18months) you realise that its not actually that bad.

Fiestas arn't really as bad as you make out - I prefer mine to the a4 :-s

Anyway - yes, linkage is the problem usually. Happend to mine when I first got it.