Audi V8 Engine on Ebay

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-4-2-V8-Engine-Gearbox_W0QQitemZ270352995193QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item270352995193&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Someone might be interested in that for their A4 :)

how much work is involved in fitting one of these ?

I've read threads on here recently implying its an easy swap yet i have never seen one finished.

I know Siena is going to tackle it, but the only one i have heard of running is the cosworth (correct me if im wrong) prototype for the b6 s4 which involved building a v8 b5, i seem to remember reading that the front had to be extended etc

Phil: the engine block itself is not really any longer than the AEB. removing the viscous fan should easily provide enough room to fit it in the A4 bay, without having to cut away anything or hack about. The inlet/thorttle assy is larger, but it overhangs the rear of the motor, and theres enough room between the engine and bulkhead for this to fit.

I suspect the prototype car will have used a dual mass flywheel, and this requires a rather thick spacer between the block and the engine, pushing the engine forward.

Remember the 30V V6 is the same motor but just a cylinder shorter, and runs the Dual mass spacer, and there is plenty of room around those.

I see, that makes sense

I wonder what mating the wiring up would involve

phil: theres only a handful of wires, power, few senders for things like coolant and RPM and the 3? wires for the immo1 box.

i assume there is a lot more involved if you want to run it on standard A8 Engine managment though?

V8...rumble..rumble..rumble. :ninja:
V8...burble..burble..burble. :ninja:

B5 + V8 + turbo / Eaton...rumble...burble...woosh...tssssssh! :whistle2:

I wish! So busy right now, and the weather's not helping either.

i assume there is a lot more involved if you want to run it on standard A8 Engine managment though?

Nah, thats for the stanadrd management. The loom itself is pretty self contained, with only a few connections back to the car itself.