Audi a4 1.8 turbo

onzlow

Reaction score
Hi i have just bought a n reg audi a4 1.8 turbo,someone took the recirculating dumpvalve off it and replaced it with a dump valve,the car was very hesitant and on tickover kept hunting sometimes nearly stalling,The dump valve blew up so i had to put the recirculating one back on until i sourced another dump valve,when this was fitted it ran a1,but wen i fitted the new dump valve it went back to the way it was but not as bad as last time.Can anyone help me as im bit confused,when you pull away its very hesitant and pulls back but then all of a sudden has a power burst and off she goes,it sometimes back fires out of the exhaust also.The dump valve is conneted to a pipe near the radiator and has a thin pipe coming out of the top of it which goes over to the right hand side and is connected to a long silver thing(sorry this is the only way i can describe it as i dont no wat its called)is this the correct place for it?any help would be much appreciated thanks,the dump valve is a diaphram one,also noticed when accelerating there is a slight ticking noise like a blow from a manifold??:unsure:

they say around here you need a recirculating valve, you can get ones that still make the vent noise.
I've got a regular blow off valve on mine though, and it works perfectly (GFB hybrid).

The 1,8T is NOT designed to run a non-recirculating "dump valve." If you run a regular one, it'll overfuel, as the engine's now drawing in unmetered air, and thinks there's a massive leak, and tries to compensate.

Run a recirculating / diverter valve, and all will be well. You can run an S3 / TT225 item, or go further an buy a Baileys or Forge diverter.

Would the bailey DV26 twin piston d/valve work ??

What kind of price are you looking at getting the TT one. What are the benefits of fitting the TT one over standard?

Hijack i know but still relevant. :)