buying an a4 b5 95-01

Rutter

Reaction score
family friend bringing one up for me to look at tonight, but iv never drove an audi before so i have very little experience..

its a 95 1.6 petrol
138,000 miles (im assured they are mainly motorway miles)
first 5 years service history from an audi dealer
the rest done by his brother who is a qualified mechanic
bodywork is mint, electronics are mint (other than the two front e/w motors have seized)
it runs perfect "apparently" , so im gonna test drive it later see why i think

but im getting for £500 (mates rates xD) no tax mot til june

bargin?

Cheap enough but you may find the 1.6 underpowered. Look out for creaks and groans from the front suspension. the front motors being seized, hhhmmmm not so sure, they tend to suffer with slider failiure and the easiest way to fix hat is to replace the whole window mech and/or the whole top of the door ( easiest way) as the top part needs removing iirc to repalce the mech

right anything else i should look for, hes on his way now so if i can get a few tips in asap that would be cool.

Alright mate congrats on your new A4, I dont want to be rude but I would have thought a 1.6 is pretty under powered as these cars are failry heavy, I sometimes think that my V6 could do with a little more grunt to move her.

Hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Matt

agree what he says ^^^^^
congrats on your purchase post some :sign_pics:

Ye i did think the 1.6 would be a bit limp, although from what i've heard they can acutally seem better to drive than the 1.8 NA due to them being 8v meaning the torque it does have comes it in a bit further down the revs.

Can always drop a bigger motor in, or buy a larger engined model later and transfer over any mods.

yea thats what i intend to do, besides i cant get insured at the moment on anything bigger than a 1.6 xD

im new to all this so if i were to drop a bigger lump into it, what would you suggest, and what would need to be done for the car accept the new engine like:redrs4:

Besides its gonna be more powerful than my last car ;) 1.0 nissan micra LOL

Dont bother with an engine transplant unless you are loaded, it costs me over double what some people pay for a 1.8T car, because mine wasnt intended to have an engine that powerful in it from the factory. She started as a 1.8 NA @ 125 bhp and she was pig slow, so i gradually worked up to the 240 bhp turbo unit i now have, but insurance is just under £500 with a million years NCB and at the tender age of 37

ouch, my insurance is just under £800 1 years ncb and im 21, but sadly i may soon be out of a job becuase of these ******* bankers -.- so as of yet i have no plan to insure a bigger engine xD

Dont bother with an engine transplant unless you are loaded, it costs me over double what some people pay for a 1.8T car, because mine wasnt intended to have an engine that powerful in it from the factory. She started as a 1.8 NA @ 125 bhp and she was pig slow, so i gradually worked up to the 240 bhp turbo unit i now have, but insurance is just under £500 with a million years NCB and at the tender age of 37

Hellfire, my modified to death S4 only cost me £500 for insurance. Is it your postcode!

it could be, my dads always gettin mail warning of the car thefts/thefts from vehicles on my road. its so annoying that i have to pay 800 yet the guy im buying it from isnt much older than me and has loads of points and whatever and he only has to pay like 300

Its cos my car isnt supposed to have a turbo engine in, or the s4 interior, or the s4 kit etc etc, its also guaranteed value, hence the price i assume

i guess its worth it in the end ;) where you get the s4 from?