Chip choosing

aagallarini

Reaction score
I should be getting my 2001 S4 by the end of this month. It has some proper suspension mods, but no power mods... yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm interested in chipping, and am really interested in making minor adjustments myself via laptop. I have access to a AWD chassis dyno, so, I could really get into some precise tuning. Which chips (if any) provide this type of access?

My car was done by AmD... highly recommend them!

With AmD, there doesn't seem to be user access to the maps in order to tune for 'real world' situations such as temperature and humidity changes. This S4 may become an autocross car for me. The autocrosses that I attend could be in just about any month of the year and from just above sea-level to nearly 5000 ft. I've autocrossed at temperatures near freezing, in the pouring rain at 45 degrees f, and in the blazing sun at nearly 100 degrees f and 80% humidity. I'm sure the actual gains that I might get from making adjustments could be negligible in some cases, but autocross events can be lost by thousandths of a second. I'd like to be able to make slight adjustments as the conditions dictate.

Should I just get an Apexi SAFC for this type of situation?