B5 S4, chipped with RS4 Catback/downpipes

Crash

Reaction score
Hi guys, have seen a B5 S4 for sale which looks like it's in good condition (apart from 2 small scrapes). The only thing is it's been chipped to 310bhp, has RS4 downpipes and cat. I'm going to tune my S4 when I do get one so this isnt a big problem for me, just wondered what you guys thought, is it worth a look? Cheers

sounds like a bonus if its already had the downpipes etc changed, just as long as its not been ragged to death.

sounds good mate. i personally want to start with a blank canvas to tune mine thats why it completely factory standard but if the offer looks good and you dont mind it bein tinkered with then its worth a look. let me know if anything comes of it. where did u see the car?

The other one I'm interested in is an Imola yellow one which is untouched and in very good nic... but it's Imola yellow! I personally like the colour, but I'm not sure. I'd have to see it up close, how do you guys rate Imola yellow?

Nogaro blue ftw!

Do like Imola though, makes the car a bit more special looking, some of the other colours leave the S4 looking like a normal A4, depends what you want. Do you wanna be sleeper, blend in and then beat the *** off people, or do you wanna stand out and have something a bit more individual in a colour reserved for the top models.

I'm somewhere in between on that really! But you're right, I'd only chose Imola, Nogaro or maybe Black.

i guess its tuned, but 6k is what i'd expect to pay for a late model S4 in good nick tbh. early cars are below 5k now.

And its missing half an exhaust and requires a respray....

i bought my nogaro blue, facelift, bose system, parkin sensors, recaro half leather blue alacantra, x reg for £4500 4 weeks ago, i was lookin at the same car a month back to buy but couldn't justify payin 6k for it, i was jus patient wen it came to mine and i had one of the better ones in the country for sale. its 94k but has had all major belts done at 80k and full audi service so im counting mysef lucky. keep lookin mate an you will find the one you want, i like imola ones but for me its got to be nogaro, but it your choice mate. any S4 is special but you can always find that one that ticks all boxes.

hoping to get pics of mine on here soon as my missus lends me her digi cam:sm4:

buyers market now.
would also expect clean untouched cars to go for more than those with bits missing and chipped....regardless of added hardware.
its just the way it goes.
more people want standard cars than those with huge wedge spent on them to take them over 300bhp.

i'd make him a silly offer

The car has also been chipped with a not so well known company, I have no experience of remaps so I'm not too sure if this is a problem?

^^ it is if they have remapped it poorly or agressively

who has remapped it?

looks like custom-code - not recognised as much as MRC but certainly should not be anything to worry about

ive read a few threads on rs246 about dodgy custom-code (i think) maps, including a few where the tuner took a proper huff because the customer posted some vagcom logs on the forum and asked people for their opinions of them after the remap.

The logs showed it well down on power and suffering from severe throttle cut...

Anyway, its not worth 6k imo. Its needing paint and an exhaust, your going to find it difficult to get a good paint match, even if you spend a lot of cash, and there are S4's around in good nick for less money. It is well specced, with the recaro seats and the RS4 exhaust parts, but unless you can knock him down a long way from 6k, then i wouldnt bother.