Lowering Springs

sam4191

If In doubt, Flat out!
Reaction score
I have seen these on ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=230312618600&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013
They seem very cheap though.

Can anyone tell me whether they will do the trick and last please

I know this isn't the most ideal thing to do, just I only want to make the car look better, for now, and don't want to spend alot (as you can see LOL!).

Just that I fitted the 19" and now she looks like she's on stilts. lol! I have measured out an approximate 70mm gap at the front and 60mm on the rear.

Are the S4's lower than the standard cars? f so, by how much?
cheers

Sam

S4s and all "Sport" models are lower than SE's by around 20-30mm.

While the jamex kit might well work, i cant say i think it will make the car ride very nice.

I had a set of jamex on an old astra, and they were alright for the money, but i did have them coupled with a set of koni shocks which would have likely helped things along nicely. Hooking them up to some worn out SE shocks might give quite a bouncy ride.

If your budget really is that tight, then it will probably give the desired effect for now though.

S4s and all "Sport" models are lower than SE's by around 20-30mm.

While the jamex kit might well work, i cant say i think it will make the car ride very nice.

I had a set of jamex on an old astra, and they were alright for the money, but i did have them coupled with a set of koni shocks which would have likely helped things along nicely. Hooking them up to some worn out SE shocks might give quite a bouncy ride.

If your budget really is that tight, then it will probably give the desired effect for now though.

Right, well that's interesting. Thanks for that! :anbet:

Maybe it would be worth seeking out some S4 suspension, see about cost from euro car parts, or similar?

I will continue to think. Budget isn't really Uber tight, just i want everything at once... just gotta learn that can't have it that way! lol!:sob: oh well. tis life.

OE S4 parts will cost a fortune, and you'd be far better getting an aftermarket kit. They also would make your car sit funny, as the S4 motor is heavier than your 2.4, and if your 2.4 is a FWD then the S4 rears wont fit as its quattro.

My reccomendation would be:
Eibach Pro-Kit springs which are around £150-180 depending on model, and will give you a mild drop over S4 spec with a nicely balanced ride.
If you want to do the shocks as well (probably worth it if your car has done any sort of miles) then i recommend the Bilstein B6 kit. Siena sorted Craig out with a set for his S4 and it was just a bit over £300quid iirc. The OE audi sport shocks were a good bit more than this.

Best cheapo suspension i have had is a Bilstein Streetline from euro car parts

4 new bilstein shockers and ventura ( i think) lowering springs, was on an audi 80 but gave a nice drop and good ride quality for about £200

I had some Jamex springs couple with cheap Supersport shocks on my old Golf and ride quality was fine.

I've got a set of Jamex springs in the boot of my b5 turbo at the moment, going to fit them at the weekend, I'll let you know how it rides if you like? I had jamex springs and supersport shocks on my bora with 18's, drove nice, just a bit stiff, gave it awesome stance though!

i have audi tt 2008 s sline and i am lokking for lowering springs could you help me about eibach or h&R which one is better (i have 19 rims)