Badger5Monster Motorsport

Thread: Rear Seats

6th Gear

Status

Rear Seats

How easy is it to convert the rear saloon seats from an a4 to fit an avant a4? A s4 saloons black recaros have come up and im very tempted as my interior is not even the sport veriety.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    are they leathers?

if they are I may have a simple solution for you
    Last edited by g60leigh; 2nd March 2009 at 20:07.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

6th Gear

Status
    Yes they will be recaros.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43296

5th Gear

Status
    I have a saloon and have avant rear seats. the base is the same so it is just the seat back that differ. if they are the same style I ma happy to trade the back rests and side bolsters from my avant set up for the saloon ones you get?

any good for you?

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g60leigh View Post
    I have a saloon and have avant rear seats. the base is the same so it is just the seat back that differ. if they are the same style I ma happy to trade the back rests and side bolsters from my avant set up for the saloon ones you get?

any good for you?
    Sounds like a plan i am going to check the condition etc so will send you pics. They are from a 1999 face lift. If your game that would be a wicked trade as we both get what we want
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43296

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah I do not mind. if it helps you out, either set fits into mine as i have already removed the head rest support brackets from the rear firewall. but it would make your life a load easier they are 60/40 splits I have.

Let me know how you get on.

2001 S3 (AMK)

6th Gear

Status
    Will do thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Markey View Post
    How easy is it to convert the rear saloon seats from an a4 to fit an avant a4? A s4 saloons black recaros have come up and im very tempted as my interior is not even the sport veriety.

I have just been to see those s4 recaros from ebay and the door cards - waste of f***ing time

drove 2.5 hrs to see them, the seller said they were is great condition when I asked to see better photos he assured me that they were fine and in great condition

well they aren't - poorly looked after, mould all over the front passenger, chewing gum on the drivers side and overall they look like they have had a very hard life - real shiny and dry

they aren't worth 300 quid imo - i did not even offer on them just told him they were screwed and that he had wasted my time

cheeky f***er said I had wasted his by going to his breakers business / house - steer clear!

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    To answer the original question, saloon seats will fit avants before 1997 with the U shaped catch.
    Later avants have a Pin catch a bit like a door latch, and these wont fit saloon seats correctly.

Also, avants all use split folding seats afaik, whereas some saloons have solid non-foldy seats. You want the split folding versions to fit your avant.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build