Driver side window problems

audia4t99

Reaction score
My driver side windoe will not go down anymore.I think it may be the switch that is broke and not the motor because there is no problem going up.If i push for the window do go down i hear nothing,,But if i pull the switch to get the window to go up i can hear it click inside.Just woundering how to get the switch box off the arm rest thanks..
josh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

If the window won't go down, how do you know it still goes up? Can you assist it to make it go down?
It is very rarely the switch mechanism, or the motor on newish cars, usually it is a slight misalignment of the frame, which causes the window to jam slightly and thus inducing the safety cutout. However this is usually a problem going up, not down. So it could be something else. As far as I can remember the switch panel just clips out. Alternatively you could take the door card off, 2 screws either end at the top, then 2 main screws hidden behind the grab handle cuff, which slides down and out once the retaining screw is removed. Then the whole panle just lifts up & out.

Thanks for the repliy..I kow that it goes up because when the problem first started i would have to hit the button once or twice to get the window to go down.But as soon as i hit the button for up it went up without a problem.And i can hear the relay inside the door when i lift the button up,,but no sound when i push for down..I will try the panel approuch ..thanks