Can i have some help please

sherry

Reaction score
Hi

i have a 1996 a4 avant that i bought crashed and i repaired it and put back on the road. i intended to spray it in my garage but i have now bought an a6 avant quattro and i am not sure what to do with the a4.

To sell it, i will have to spray most of the car, replace a tyre and cracked rear light, cv joint and flexibble joint on exhaust.

the car has done 95,000 miles and the rest of the car is sound.

is it worth doing up or should i try and sell of the engine etc

any help would be great

cheers

to fix up and spray most of the car would cost a bit. if restored, compare to similar cars on autotrader / ebay, you may find that you won't break even...

you could sell as is but as a project car, or break the bit on ebay / here.. a few cars on here have been sold in bits and seem to have gone well.. only issue could be your left with an empty shell... good luck

thank you enzos4

it is a 1.8t sport and the engine is an aeb

then weight up how much its worth in bits, against how much it owes you.
then see how much it would owe you all painted up.

you should get a good idea of how much you'll get for the bits by looking through the classifieds on here and trawling ebay. If it's got a good interior i.e. leather you could make a fair whack from that so + the engine and other bits (if you have the time & space) it may just be worth breaking, or as it seems to be a bit of a catch phrase on here whack a V8 in it and take it from there! good choice on the quattro :O)

thank you guys.

i am thinking il probs sell of the parts. im not sure how much the engine etc is worth but i think by the time i have done the work on it and sold it i would be better of breaking it.

it was this car that made me fall for the audi,s. I wanted a bigger car and went for the a6 quattro. I think i will find it hard to buy another make of car from now on :yum:

i love them :anbet:

You dont say what year it is, but good clean MOT'd pre-facelift A4's with a desirable engine (ie the 1.8t or a TDI) will make around £1500 top end imo, dropping to under 800quid for a less desirable model (1.8 NA, non-sports etc). V6's can be a bit hit/miss as they're quite thirsty and people dont seem to be wanting big engined cars at this time.

A Facelift model will fetch a little more.

It IS easier selling the car complete, even if it means you get a little less for it. Getting 800quid for the car in one go, is often better than breaking it and making £1000 over 6 months. You put a lot of effort into stripping the car down, and end up with £20quid here, £100 there, etc as each little part sells.

I guess it just depends how much time and money is required to get the car into a saleable state.