What frequency am I ?

d4mo

Reaction score
Guys,

I want to get myself one of the many audi remote 'plip' flip key fobs from ebay and get it programmed to work my remote central locking ( a friend has VAG com and has offered to set this up) however I'm unsure as to which frequency fob I need to get as I dont have the original to check against for part numbers.

Is there anyway I can find out by using the part number of the central locking pump that is located in the rear drivers side of the car?

Cheers

Damo

if part number starts 4D0 it will work with b5's, dont buy if it starts with 4Z0

i would of thought the best thing would be to ask audi themselfs. i'm sure they'd tell you it:kissmyrings:

key fob 2 button part number 4D0 837 231
3 button part number 4D0 837 231A (will work with 'G' pump but boot release button wont do anything)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-2-button...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318

better off using an auto locksmith, not dealer, dealers wont give you 4 digit skc so you cant add any more keys yourself with vag com also if transponder wont recode (common with ebay keys) they cant replace it so they'll charge for not being able to programe it

HL0 part number is for an a3 but will work as a3, a4, a6 and a8's all used the same c/l pumps

If you need operating frequency, PM me your VIN, and I'll run it through.