Successfull weekend!

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Changed out those 2 silly C shaped arb drop links. The vague feeling I had has now gone and the car can be placed nicely on the road and doesn't squirm.

Calipers stripped be sliders cleaned and regreased with new pad retaining springs. Brake juder gone.

Drilled the arch liner behind the intercooler and it may be a placebo effect but it does seen to pull harder for longer.

Strut brace braket modified but not fitted.

Gave the old girl a thorough shake down on my favorite B road and it was an absolute joy. Heel and toe made for a fast and enjoyable drive.

Roll on the track day.

did you just replace the arb links for OEM ones? how much? pain to replace?
think mine may be the weak link in my suspension at the moment

piece of **** mate, you'll need a trolly jack under the knuckle to get the height correct for bolting it back up, and they are supposed to be finally tightened with the car on the floor, which can be hard to arrange for a home mechanic, but otherwise you'll need a spanner and a ratchet, and its two bolts to change each side.

I used the jack to raise the suspension to its approximate ride height when on the road, and tightened it up like that. Its about the best you can do without a ramp.

will have to have another look underneath.
is there a decent aftermarket set? don't really want to settle for expensive audi items when I have gone to the trouble of polybushing everything else.

had a quick search but not much I can find.

I did mine on my old car by driving it up on to two blocks of wood; normal ramps seemed too much hassle. Then you can just take them off easily. No need for a trolley jack if the cars level. Just two bits of 4x2 and two 13mm(?) spanners.

i used meyle arms on both ours and craigs S4 and they seem fine.

Cant you just get polybushes for the existing droplinks?