My A4 1.8TQ "Evolet"

M

Mäki

I wanted to start a thread about my car to get some opinions about it, feel free to say anything you like about the car.
I'll also make this thread to a little project.
And I'm sorry for the spelling!

Here's the picture from the ad, bought it 2 days later, june 6th -08.

Interiour.

And this is how she looked from august.

Then it became winter and the ice came!

Then the turbo gave up, so I decided I would go a bit further with the project and this is now, she's quite sad:sorry:

Nice car, I admired it too on Audizine.

Loving this pic.

536594_y6crnx.jpg

whats the plans for it
New turbo, manifold, VR6 throttle, 3" downpipe, FMIC. And there will be some other small things as well.

Nice car, I admired it too on Audizine.
Thank you, love your car as well!

Loving this pic.

"pick by www.emo82.se"
Yes, he's a very good photographer!

Buy my 415bhp S4 engine (94k miles) off me!
Can't afford that, and it's an all day car so it would be much work to change engine every year. :)

is the an M3 CSL rear spoiler? or is it custom fab'd? looks exactly like what im wanting for mine.

is the an M3 CSL rear spoiler? or is it custom fab'd? looks exactly like what im wanting for mine.
That's a rieger spoiler that I molded into the trunk, it was the only way I liked it :thumbsup:

nice.
what turbo? why VR6 throttle body out of interest?

looks good, what A/R or trim is it?
reason I ask about the TB is that the general consensus from people running much larger turbos (GT35 etc) at very high power (500bhp+) is that the Throttle body makes little difference in power output.
there are much more restrictive aspects of the inlet tract than the throttle body.

I would send you a link to a very interesting trhead but the search function on Vortex is down.

looks good, what A/R or trim is it?
reason I ask about the TB is that the general consensus from people running much larger turbos (GT35 etc) at very high power (500bhp+) is that the Throttle body makes little difference in power output.
there are much more restrictive aspects of the inlet tract than the throttle body.

I would send you a link to a very interesting trhead but the search function on Vortex is down.
I'm sorry but you will have to excuse me.
But what do A/R mean?
And I'm not really sure what you mean about " much more restrictive aspects of the inlet tract".
But the maf will be modified to 3,5", it will be a new air filter and the piping to and from fmic will be all new also, the intake manifold will be just a little bit modified to match the tb better.
Again, sorry for my english.

Not just me with an ever growing shopping list then.

Mine was supposed to be a daily hack for the work run.
Mine still is and will still be a all day car (when the engine is running again ofc), but I always find new things to do. But who said everyday cars couldn't be fun?:whistle2:

Mäki;682156 said:
I'm sorry but you will have to excuse me.
But what do A/R mean?
And I'm not really sure what you mean about " much more restrictive aspects of the inlet tract".
But the maf will be modified to 3,5", it will be a new air filter and the piping to and from fmic will be all new also, the intake manifold will be just a little bit modified to match the tb better.
Again, sorry for my english.

the A/R gives the ratio of the turbine/compressor wheels to the housing and gives an indication to the flow capability of the turbo. usually expressed as a decimal less than 1.0
i.e GT2860 turbine (exhaust) A/R 0.56

the restrictive bit was about the inlet system as a whole. Excluding the MAF as that needs to be bigger to feed the turbo, but there no point having a huge 3.5" throttle body if your intercooler outlet pipe or any I/C tubing is 2.5" or smaller than the TB.
your most restrictive point is where your pressure and limitations will be.

the A/R gives the ratio of the turbine/compressor wheels to the housing and gives an indication to the flow capability of the turbo. usually expressed as a decimal less than 1.0
i.e GT2860 turbine (exhaust) A/R 0.56

the restrictive bit was about the inlet system as a whole. Excluding the MAF as that needs to be bigger to feed the turbo, but there no point having a huge 3.5" throttle body if your intercooler outlet pipe or any I/C tubing is 2.5" or smaller than the TB.
your most restrictive point is where your pressure and limitations will be.
Okey! 0,63 A/R.
Well, the IC tubing will be the smalles part, but I got the tb free, so I don't loose anything to use it.

So, hope this mani will do it's job now, I'll have som friend who's a welder to check it before I mount it.

I have loved this since i saw it on the 'Zine , in fact it inspired me to get the LED tails too.

Is that turbo an Ebay jobbie??

I have loved this since i saw it on the 'Zine , in fact it inspired me to get the LED tails too.

Is that turbo an Ebay jobbie??
Thank you :sm4: That's nice, have you mounted the led's yet?
I didn't buy it from ebay, but it is a cheap turbo, so this is most to learn how to build. But I think the turbo will work, I'm not plannin any huge hp.

Yeah they are on, look very good IMHO The best aftermarket ones yet!!!!

It looked like a non Garret, but if yo are not going to push it too hard then it should be ok i recon

Yeah they are on, look very good IMHO The best aftermarket ones yet!!!!

It looked like a non Garret, but if yo are not going to push it too hard then it should be ok i recon
Yes, they are great, good fitting and everything!
Ah I se, yes, I think it will hold up good with not to much pushing.

Mäki;682461 said:
So, hope this mani will do it's job now, I'll have som friend who's a welder to check it before I mount it.

that looks like an eBay chinese stainless special.
I bought one a whie back but they had cunningly photographed it so as not to show the dreadful welding under the merge collector.
wil do the job if you can get it checked over and stop it cracking.

that looks like an eBay chinese stainless special.
I bought one a whie back but they had cunningly photographed it so as not to show the dreadful welding under the merge collector.
wil do the job if you can get it checked over and stop it cracking.
Ok! I just gave it to a welder to weld on a T25, and I asked him to check all the welds when he was on it. :sm4:

I orderd megasquirt today! A lot better when I'm tuning and changing my mind often :)

So I got the manifold from my neighbour today, he replaced the T3 with a T25. I also tested how it would look with the new wastegate on. I'll mount the head tomorrow.

And I will adjust the boost with this.

Today I took her out for the first time since she broke i January! It was SO nice :)

Well here it goes!

My car the day after the accident (no one got hurt).

Stripped it down, it wasn't so bad.

New and fresh.

Also quite new [;)]

These are used though.

Bye bye interiour.

This is unnecessary [:p]

Not broken VS broken.

And the fan is mounted.

Need to repair the radiator [>_>]

Hmm [:D]

And this is the last picture I got.