Facelift Grill Done!, now for the lights :)

H2o-uk

Reaction score
My facelift grill arrived today, not quite a bargain as it was £33 delivered, but its Brand New and went on without a hitch pics below

Before

After

And before someone points it out, yes I know the bumper needs a respray, I'm going to get that done as soon as I have some spare cash.

How about facelift lights, does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a nice set from. I've seen lots on Ebay, but they all vary in price, and I wondered if quality varied too.

Thanks for any input folks

if your buying them new you MUST get the OEM valeo units. The Depo copies are mince, the projectors in them just arent any good.

Used, well its all much of a muchness, as long as they're real valeo units, the plastic lenses pick up road rash over time, so used ones wont be as crisp as new, but it means you'll be able to get the breaker to cut the plugs off the loom for you, which makes it easier as your only dealing with one source.

When i got mine, i baught a pair used for £70ish from ebay, and when they arrived one was broken internally. The chap refunded me the money for one, and i baught a new unit from ebay which turned out to be a depo clone. I decided to keep the depo unit, but took it apart and installed the projector from the broken valeo into it, painted a lot of the chrome internals black while i had them apart too, which i recon makes them look better.

Is there a how to anywhere on installation of these lights ? are new headlamps all I would need, do I somehow have to use the levelling motors that I have now, or do I need some new ones ?

you need the levelling motors for the facelift units, again these would come with a used set.

Its basically a case of unbolt the old units, cut off the plug and solder the new plug on matching color for color, grind a bit off your wing, bolt the new ones in.

Looking good. Lights are the next thing on my list except I need another N/S one, if anybody has one. :)

My grill was £7 delivered, used, in excellent condition, neh neh neh neh neh neh. :p

I also picked up a pair of facelift headlight plugs off the eBay for a whopping £4 delivered which will make my wiring mod a doddle.

99p each for an s4 and a facelift grill via ebay!

but on the subject of facelift parts here's a list of other 'upgrade' parts to look out for
gloss black outer B post trims
sill covers with aluminium 'audi' inlays
chrome plated door strikers
scuttle wiper covers/grills
straight wiper arms (look good with bosch aerotwin blades)
centre console (collected all the parts but not attempted to fit yet)
illuminated heater vents
plus the obvious stuff lights, bumpers etc

head on there isnt much difference, apart from there only being four slats as opposed to 5, but when you look at a different angle the profile of the slats is more pronounced, where as the other one is much flatter.