Upgrade list for bigger front brakes

H2o-uk

Reaction score
I've finally had it with the brakes on my recently purcahse B5 A4, I think I was spoilt a bit with my B7 that has recently been returned to the lease company. The pads and disks have recently been replaced about 1000 miles ago, but I'm still finding it a little slow on braking. Could someone who has done the bigger disk upgrade using the Audi TT brakes and B6 disks please post the shopping list on here so I can start looking for the parts required.

Thanks alot guys, as always.

you just need a pair of TT/S3 caplier carriers and the B6 312mm disks

You use standard B5 pads and your original caliper.

It's getting the carriers that's a pain. VAG Parts were doing them for about a ton delivered. Only place I can find for them is Audi direct and they want £120 a piece. Not funny :(

hmm, theres quite a few of us after a set. an oportunity for a group buy?

Do we happen to have an Audi part number for the Caliper carriers I'll try my local motor factors as they do reconditioned brake parts.

I get trade through my local parts company because of my brother saddly they couldn't help. If you can get a suppliuer it would be dead handy

i'm pretty sure they are dealer only. Not really sure how vagparts were doing them so cheaply, i presume they must have been buying LOTS of them.

I got mine for £50 from a breaking audi TT, the problem is, that most of the TT breakers sell the calipers disks and pads as a complete "upgrade kit" for mk4 golfs. You might find one that will sell you the complete calipers, but they'll probably want £50each for them

The Golf anniversary was a special edition and yes, they do work, along with Mk4 Golf V5 170hp cars :)

I've upgraded my Golf turbo with annivesary brakes, 312mm ones:icon_thumright:
The Annivesary was the 25th anniversary model, spoilers etc and a 180bhp as standard.