Can you fit RS4 B5 bumper into the S4 B5?

Nez

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Website
peace.netfreehost.com
Hi guys need some help just want to know Can you fit RS4 B5 bumper into the S4 B5?

If anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nez

As a straight swap no. Wings are much wider on the RS4 the bumper can be heated and manipulated to fit but can leave creases in it.
Best off getting a replica one if you want the RS4 look. There are a few peopl on here that have done it.

Deitrich do a pretty good replica which is a direct fit on an S4, and takes the genuine RS4 lower grilles.

Involves gently heating, and cutting little "triangles" out of the flat surface, that butts up to the fenders.

Note RS4 doesn't have side slide brackets like regular A4 / S4, the fenders end where the bumper fits - i.e, there's no metal below the bumper area.

Here's some pics of my Dietrich front end, pretty happy ith it as it takes the RS4 grills, fit was good, just have to make up some bracketry to fix it on, it's a good match for the rs4, the best i've seen without chopping about and adapting the original part to fit, and a lot cheaper too, the only downside I have is that it's fibreglass, but doesn't really bother me.

Have a look here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=59800&highlight=dietrich

Also if you search my other threads you'll come across some other pics of the front end too.

Thanks for all the replies guys :) so this job really need alot of work and I good body workshop :) if I go for the real RS4 bumper :(

It does not have to be a good body shop it depends on how you want it to look afterwards :)