EBC's, boost and fueling

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Mate of mine has a Scoob which will be off road for a while do to a minor bump. He's offered to lend me his Apexi EBC and seeing as I've thought about buying one anyway thought it would be quite cool.

Now come the questions, what can I run the K03 at before it poo's itself, how will the injectors cope witha further increase in boost. Is it even worth doing?

i thought you couldnt do this to a b5 without tinkering with the ecu. if you could i would have just stuck a bleed valve on and put the boost up to a bar but its not that simple.it was with the jap cars i had before.

Yer, the map thats installed on the ECU will have a target boost pressure which it will aim for. If you use some external device to override this the ecu will detect overboost and kill the fuel.

From my experience mate I can say that some maps have a definite limit built into them but others are not always programmed as you'd expect and will allow more boost. Obviously you need to make sure the AFR is safe whatever you end up doing.

basically the engine doesnt actually have any boost sensing built into it, only the MAF.

Obviously they will only have mapped the engine upto a certain airflow value, after which you'll have either a hard limit and fuel cut, or some random data that could be anything.

So yes, you might be able to add another few PSI to your map by overriding the N75 without any faults, but i wouldnt be doing it with a proper wideband lambda to monitor the fuelling.

A mate of mine is a well know Ford tuner so I have access to a propper wideband and I'm sure with if I bribe him with some tea and his favorite biscuits he'll have a play. It does sound like it could be a bit more in depth than I first allowed for.

I think to test the water we need to play with the wideband AFR kit and a bleedvalve to see what results we get.

The apexi is a good unit i have one in the Silv.

If the audi over boosts it will go into limp mode. Vag com then to sort it or battery off i think. Best do what you said and have a play before hand but make sure you have the vagcom to had to watch the errors. Maybe an new n75 might help as well.

Yes mate it works as long as your car is chipped, i had one working on my A4 a while back but you cant get one of the read outs working i think it was speed... Exactly the same as wiring it into a FRST.

I only got rid as it was to much tech for the A4 and i am going to run a blitz or a greddy one as its only a boost controller and not a screen with a load of engine readouts or a load of connections to make to the ecu.

Apexi are IMO the best boost controller for any Jap car, and if your getting it cheep ie. under £200 then go for it :yum:

Let me know when you go for it i'll come up for a play.