AH FabricationsBadger5
    6th Gear

Status

EBC's, boost and fueling

Mate of mine has a Scoob which will be off road for a while do to a minor bump. He's offered to lend me his Apexi EBC and seeing as I've thought about buying one anyway thought it would be quite cool.

Now come the questions, what can I run the K03 at before it poo's itself, how will the injectors cope witha further increase in boost. Is it even worth doing?

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    i thought you couldnt do this to a b5 without tinkering with the ecu. if you could i would have just stuck a bleed valve on and put the boost up to a bar but its not that simple.it was with the jap cars i had before.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Yer, the map thats installed on the ECU will have a target boost pressure which it will aim for. If you use some external device to override this the ecu will detect overboost and kill the fuel.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

6th Gear

Status
    Wont my Superchips overcome this? Or does the Superchip have a new built in value to allow it to hit the required pressure?

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

..got my head together!

Status
    From my experience mate I can say that some maps have a definite limit built into them but others are not always programmed as you'd expect and will allow more boost. Obviously you need to make sure the AFR is safe whatever you end up doing.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    basically the engine doesnt actually have any boost sensing built into it, only the MAF.

Obviously they will only have mapped the engine upto a certain airflow value, after which you'll have either a hard limit and fuel cut, or some random data that could be anything.

So yes, you might be able to add another few PSI to your map by overriding the N75 without any faults, but i wouldnt be doing it with a proper wideband lambda to monitor the fuelling.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

6th Gear

Status
    A mate of mine is a well know Ford tuner so I have access to a propper wideband and I'm sure with if I bribe him with some tea and his favorite biscuits he'll have a play. It does sound like it could be a bit more in depth than I first allowed for.

I think to test the water we need to play with the wideband AFR kit and a bleedvalve to see what results we get.

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

..got my head together!

Status
    Yeah do it mate.. I'd be very interested in your findings.

6th Gear

Status
    The apexi is a good unit i have one in the Silv.

If the audi over boosts it will go into limp mode. Vag com then to sort it or battery off i think. Best do what you said and have a play before hand but make sure you have the vagcom to had to watch the errors. Maybe an new n75 might help as well.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes mate it works as long as your car is chipped, i had one working on my A4 a while back but you cant get one of the read outs working i think it was speed... Exactly the same as wiring it into a FRST.

I only got rid as it was to much tech for the A4 and i am going to run a blitz or a greddy one as its only a boost controller and not a screen with a load of engine readouts or a load of connections to make to the ecu.

Apexi are IMO the best boost controller for any Jap car, and if your getting it cheep ie. under 200 then go for it

Let me know when you go for it i'll come up for a play.
    Ming Blue A4 B5 RS4 Replica (SOLD)

T28 Kit (SOLD)