EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Can you mix offsets?

Recently had one of my RS4 replicas trashed by a pothole, couldn't get same offset as originals (ET42), only ET35 available as singles. Is it safe to have a pair of ET35 on the rear axle and ET42's on the front?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I cant see why not, I think maybe if it was one one side & one other it might make difference cause of the tracking etc, not my speciality but common sense would say its ok cause if you think about it many on here have spacers different sizes front/rear like the 8P has 10mm front & 15mm rears, so from that which is practically the same thing you're doing I'd say you're good to go.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    People run different size spacers front to back, different widths and different tyres, so I don't see wy it'd make much difference. Think some space out the rears a wee bit more on th rear anyway, which is what you'll end up with, look to fill the arches a bit more. Thinking about it loadsa people run differnet offsets front to rear on plenty of dubs to get them looking right. You'll be just fine.
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the input, save me having to buy another full set of wheels.

6th Gear

Status
    Buy a full set then send teh bill to the local authority

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

6th Gear

Status
    I'd say it's cheaper to buy a full set - you tend to get more discount that way.

By the time you buy just 2 more, then probably 2 decent hubcentric spacers, you won't be far off cost wise from buying a full set of just wheels...

My 2 kobo's worth.

6th Gear

Status
    I certainly wouldn't mix the offsets. I will affect the handling and it could mean ESP doesn't work properly as the points of rotation will be out of specification.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    you wont have a problem mixing the offsets, as has been said the difference between et35 and et42 would be the same as fitting some 7mm spacers on your et42 wheels.

My only concern would be that the design of the wheel itself would be subtly different, and it wouldnt be evident until its actually fitted to the car.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Reverse Gear

Status
    Think i'll go with the the general opinion, as a full set are 475, and two will cost 200 without tyres, and seeing as all my tyres have still got a lot of tread on em and would mean binning the old ones which are only 12 months old. The council in my area are renowned for their reluctance to pay for damage caused to your car by their negligent maintenance, but i will try to claim something from them, got pictures of the pothole.

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    DAmn right mate, gotta be worth a go for sure. What's the worst that can happen!
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I trashed 2 tyres on a bad stretch of road a few years back, took loads of photos and wrote to the local council etc. I gave them a call to follow up on the claim and they said that they wasn't going to pay up because they weren't aware there was a problem on that stretch of road!!!

Go figure....
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    If you're gonna go that path then how about adding spacers to the wheels so you've got a matched set of 4 ?
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F