S4 bumper fitting to a 1.8T avant

timmayaudi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have gone out and bought an S4 front bumper for my A4 1.8T avant (B5) 2000. I've had it sprayed (looks mint) and went to fit it today to find that the original bolts that screw into the center are too short. I went and bought some longer bolts but the bumper still seems to slip down out of place.

If anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

what is you car and what is the bumper as facelift and preface lift bumpers mounts are different, i think iirc you can swap them over but
also you have to change the front mounts or modify them to hold the bumper.

do a search on here loads of us have done this in the past and you should find the info you need and probaly photos to explain

try this below maybe of some help

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext46.shtml

Thanks, I have a 2000 facelift A4, think the bumper is also 2000. Looking at the S4 [FONT=arial, geneva]front impact absorbing rams where the bolts fit into look slightly different to mine, ill have search on the site..

Thanks
Tim
[/FONT]

I didn't change anything when i fitted the s4 front on my 1.8t apart from the side brackets.

DSC00895.jpg

i think the bumper shocks are differnt on pre/post facelift cars.

You'll need a set of bumper shocks to match the bumper.

Mine is the face lift 2000 (w) model the same as your MARKEY with the s4 front conversion. I've changed the side brackets to the s4 ones.

You say yours just screwed straight on? Mine fitted on perfectly but the bolts wont tighten up to secure the bumper on solidly. They kept on slipping through. Did you have longer special bolts with the S4 bumper? when we tried tightening them it kept squashing the metal behind the bumper, and then it would slip back down?!

the bumper is slipping because the bumper shock is different

You need 8d0807133C and 8d0807134c

You have 8d0807133A and 8d0807134a as far as i can tell

actually, if you look up from underneath, can you see the bumpershock thru the hole before you fit the bolt?

Thanks guys looks like I'm going to have to go hunting for some new bumper shocks then.

didnt look up inside i was just feeling to screw it in..

looking again at markeys build thread and it seems my a4 might be the face lift of his?! mine is also w reg but has the longer side repeaters, not square, and already has the steering wheel and air vents with red lighting that he is upgrading his to..

i would like an s4 bumper for mine.looks much better than the standard a4 one i think.

Or you can make tubular spacers to fit onto the top of the bumper shocks you have. I was lucky i had the bumper shocks and side mounts when i fitted my S4 bumper to my non facelift car

Funny you should say that, we did try some tubular spacers but it seemed to bend the metal it was being attached to when tightened... spent about 4 hrs trying different methods none of which worked :)

^^^ Just buy the OEM facelift S4 mounting rams, and you'll be fine.

Wouldn't mind a used one as long as it was in good condition. If a new one isn't too painfull though I would consider it. Eitehr way I'll need to allow for painting it