Anybody done the brakes on an 03 Focus

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
It's off topic and I've posted in the appropriate forum but you guys kick *** :rockwoot:.

It's actually the missus 03 c-max 2.0tdci. I think it should be straight forward, the only potential issue is the electronic e-brake. It doesn't have pad sensors or anything.

ye it'll be simple enough tbh, might even be identical to the A4, as theres only a handful of systems that get used.

AYe, cheers. There's a manual disable for the e-brake but it's a PITA to reset.

How does the electronic e-brake work? Cant you just yank the battery leads off once the brake is in the "off" position? :p

I thaught there was some law that meant the handbrake had to be mechanically actuated, meaning people with rally cars fitted with hydraulic handbrakes had trouble getting MOT's. Perhaps its just that it cant use the main hydraulic lines or something.

(-) lead, now there's an Idea..... Th E-brake can't be engadged above 5mph which is pretty crap an e brake..... I really wouldn't want to be in the car if there was a major failure in the primary braking system... Maybe the ECU would take over and slowley drive the car to a Ford Garage.

Has anybody any experience of the Mintex Brake Box product, matched discs and pads.. ? I'm thinking of trying them out on the Missus car and if they go well pop them on the teabag.

I fitted mintex redbox pads to the A4 when i put the 312mm disks on, they seem fine. Defo some of the better of the standard compounds.

Thanks :) Dunno i'm afraid, I used the link to check what I needed to do before I changed the pads on a mate's 05 focus. Never did it in the end, so still have some new mintex pads for cheap if you want them :)