Aircon question (again!!!!)

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi

I'm not sure whether my aircon is fully working. It is cold, but not sure whether it is cold enough! It was 22c today and i set it to 18c on auto and the fans were rather audible and never died down. Does anyone elses do this? should it die down to nothing with freezing cold air or does it blow out lots of cool air???

Also exursion said that with his aircon on 18c, it is far too cold. with mine it seems only if i put it on lo does it ever get properly cold.

I did get it regassed a few weeks ago so maybe i ort to go back and check that it hasn't leaked.

Any help much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Not to sure mate if i have mine on auto at Lo or 18 it's too ****** cold. Mines on about 20 on Auto.

I had mine on 20 yesterday mate, as I found 18 too cold. It got up to 27.5 degrees outside yesterday so it was a hot day.

You purchased the car the and the aircon wasn't efficient, and now after a re-gas it's gone back to being the same I'd thinka bout having a leak test done. These often don't show up really slow leaks though.

go for a leak test, I have had this recently, mechanic puts some ink into the system.

Mine was some valve around the system.

18c is really too low in hot weather. It will struggle to get the temp down to that and maintain it. Remember it is Aircon not just cooling so 20c should be comfortable for most people. It should be able to maintain it with minimum noise intrusion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

In the weather we've had recently, the system will have had to work extremely hard to hold 18c, so that may be why your fans were always working at full pelt. I've had mine set at 21c this last week, and it's been just nice and comfortable. After all, you're not trying to freeze-dry yourself, are you?!

Something I've thought about mr Mackie, if you're sat in traffic don't expect the best performance from the system. When stationary there is only the secondary fan cooling the condensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good point mr excursion!!! Where I drive most of the time I'm only doing 35mph or stationary! I went on a drive today and it got very cold. I think I ort to keep it at 20c as like that wigginer and jdp1962 says, it is suppose to be comfortable and not freezing! I think the novelty value hasn't worn off for me yet and I'm still playing with all the manual settings instead of setting it once and leaving it!!! My mates were complaining that they were too cold today and it was about 23c so i think i'm jusy trying to turn everything to ice instead of comfort!!!

Cheers for the help people! I might take it back to that garage for them to check whether any has leaked as it should only be a half an hour job, and better safe than sorry!!

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
My mates were complaining that they were too cold today and it was about 23c so i think i'm jusy trying to turn everything to ice instead of comfort!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheheh1 I know what you mean. I was the same when I got my first car with climate. You'll soon find the right temperature, and then when you do, set it, hit AUTO, & leave it be.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I didn't have any manuals when I got my car. How do you set it?

Make sure you open all the vents as well. In AUTO mode, the system is designed to work out for itself where to send the airflow. This works best when all vents are open.

Does anyone else find that will all vents open at night the car sometimes steams up on the windscreen if using auto but aircon off? I find I have to either press windscreen manual or press the defrost button.