vag-com? perth area

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
anybody in or about perth with vag com fancy giving me a hand to see if i can get my new ecu to work in my car? i dont have it so not much i can do.

I'll be up in forfar over the weekend, and i live in boness if you fancy coming to mine?

Is the car mobile?

its mobile.just want to put in an ecu with a chip in it.

I could maybe arrange to meet you in dundee or something on sunday if you dont want to travel to bo'ness?

Need to speak to the missus though, she's driving.

where do you know? it takes 2 min to swap the ecu and from what i can tell from the instructions on here about 5 min on vag-com to get it going so wont take long.

if you are going from the a90 to the a85 you wont be far from me at all. where you turn off onto the a85 is just down the road from me. do you head out past methven etc?

well normally i'd just stay on the A90 and head over the bridge...

But since i'm talking about coming to sort your car, i was saying i would be close to the A85 junction to get there ;)

are you out by methven? Thats the other side of perth looking at the map...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...,-3.415718&sspn=0.095663,0.209084&ie=UTF8&z=9

Thats my normal route home, have a look and see what you think the best way to go is...

stay om the m90 untill it meets the a9,(about 2 miles after you would have turned off to the a90).there is a service station,park and ride etc just off the roundabout heading into perth. i could meet there as im only 5 min from there. you just head back onto the m90 and onto the a90.

yep i know where you are.

We'll probably be heading south around lunchtime on sunday, if that sounds a suitable time?

I've got the laptop and cable, you bring the ECU and 8mm socket/wrench to open the ECU box and we should be good.

If you PM me your mobile number, i'll give you a shout on sunday when we're leaving?