New A4 Driver

Stevo

Reaction score
Wonder if you could help???
Having driven an Audi 80 TDi for the last 5 years(240,000 miles with no major problems)
I have decided to go for an upgrade, I am in the process at looking at a Audi A4 1.8T Sport
it has got 80,000 miles and is very reasonably priced(for me anyway). It has full service history, and is very clean, inside and out.

I was just wondering if any of you fellow Audi drivers had any info about this type of car, and what its like to drive. Are there any flat spots and what is its acceleration and top speed like.
If there is a lag in its acceleration what would be the best way to improve it.

Sorry about firing all these questions all at once.
Any Info would be greatly recieved

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hi there

I purchased a 1999V A4 1.8T Sport about 1 month ago and absolutely love it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif I'd been looking at a range of different cars. I very nearly purchased a Seat Leon Cupra, which with 180bhp as standard was very quick, I also test drove a MK4 Golf GTI turbo, but neither of these compare with the A4. I have the combination of a quick car with the prestige of the four rings. Am not sure where you are located, but if in the UK i recommend keeping your eye on autotrader.co.uk. By studying this you will get an idea of what they go for. I picked up my facelift 1.8T Sport in laurel green, with heated black leather, fAsh and 58k miles for £7,500, which is a bit less that the list price. As far as performance goes, I don't know the figures. Its never gonna scare a Porsche driver, but it is quick enough for me. And with the amount of tuning parts available, you can easily pep things up a bit should you get bored.

Also, forgot to say......

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

i think bloke654 got a wicked deal on his car i paid 6,500 4 my t reg with 500 off for my cav. should have been over 7000 looking at autotrader at the time.