Code my key

what you mean code your key as theres 2 different codings that need done, one for the locking and one for the immbo

i took the battery out of my remote and now my central locking doesn't work. but my key does start the car.

by the way i only have 1 key.

can anyone help me out on this?

or point me in the right direction?

cheers bud, will give this a try after work.

p.s i managed to get that stuff sorted that you sent me.

thanks

just tried using the user guide from Ross-tech but no luck.

went into (35) cent lock (10) adaptation and in the value was zero. so in new value i entered 1 - test - save but this did not code the key.

am i doing something wrong here?

please advise thanks

once you open adaption you need to enter channel 01 and press read.

It should then show you the number of remotes currently programmed

You then nudge the new value up to 1 or however many keys you have, press test and ensure the test value says 1, then press save.

Then within 15 seconds you need to press the unlock button on the remote.

It also says that on some cars you'll need to clear the existing programming, by storing the value 0 first.

when testing the key do i need to take the key out of the ignition and then press the unlock buttom.

i've put in 1 but then the test button becomes greyed out. will try again tomorrow by removing all codes and re-coding.

I find on mine that i need to press the up/down buttons to change the values rather they typing them in.

Also you need to keep the key in the ignition. If you take it out, you'll cut power to the ECU. Just press the button without touching the key.