What is my car worth these days??? Looking to sell for a good fair price.

Andy.B

Reaction score
As most of you know I have an RS4 rep saloon with FG rear arches. I havent put the rear S4 recaro seats in yet but they will be in there if i sold it.

So its a 1996 A4 T Sport, with all the spec you see in my signature. The paint work is ok but a bit stone chipped and the front bumper has a small split in it.

The whole reason for my asking is I have been offered a lovely Silver S4 from a friend of mine which is in great condition and need a couple of thousand to put towards it. :eyebrows:

So guys whats it worth???

Dunno mate but if you break it get in contact ill have the interior and brakes off you again :)

Dunno mate but if you break it get in contact ill have the interior and brakes off you again :)

Could be interested in selling these items seperatly for the right price as i have the old stuff to stick it back to a cloth interior and the old brakes. PM me what you think is a good offer for both.

NNNNNNOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Do you still want the loom? I have them packed up ready

Could you keep it on hold for a lil while for me mate? Until its decided whats happening with the ol A4. If I cant sell it within 2 weeks then the S4 goes to someone else... Just seeing if i can raise the cash for it at the moment. :icon_thumright:

its not worth as much as a whole as it is likely to be in bits.
modded cars tend to go for very low prices compared to the amount spent on them.
I reckon I will have spent £10-12k over 3+ years. Doubt I would see £5k if I sold it.
I could get that from the engine/turbo and suspension components alone.

Andy is the S4 a b5?

Yes it is mate why is that?

its not worth as much as a whole as it is likely to be in bits.
modded cars tend to go for very low prices compared to the amount spent on them.
I reckon I will have spent £10-12k over 3+ years. Doubt I would see £5k if I sold it.
I could get that from the engine/turbo and suspension components alone.

Yeh I know but if i did that I would need to find the £££ to buy the S4 or even a run around first to brake the A4. But it is food for thought. :icon_thumright:

just wanted to know if your staying with us on this forum, thats all

Nahh even if i wanted to i couldnt afford the newer S4 lol

If i were to actaually guess a price i would recon around 2.5k ish for a quick sale, despite all its add ons it still gets seen as a 96 car. Same problem i have with mine.

Alpine managed to get £2300 for his A4 1.8t and its not a patch on yours however it was just before this credit crunch nonsense

Hmmmmm interesting on those prices... I will have a think about what i can do.

the best way to sell a car thats modified as long as it looks good is to advertise it on the internet with really appealing pics.
im in the motor trade and a car like yours as far as an insurance point of veiw would not be valued at much due to its age but realistically you could get a greater price from a keen punter. i wud guess if u where patient you could get between 4-4.5k (euro)

Just to let you all know i have put it up on piston heads for £2900 all in for everything i have to do with the Audi. But i still have another train of thought to consider so i might keep it still:idea:

Just a pointer mate, you need to get some better pics of the car up on PH.

You want side and rear profiles so people can see the overall look of the car!

^^ x2.

Or....cough....ABZ cough...cough...cough