It's the simple things in life :O)

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
New drivers mirror today. Replaced in 30seconds. Heated unit for £20 off fleabay...

Even managed to get it done between sleet showers :laugh:

Oil change day! (overdue by about 5k....:keule:)
Thought I'd brave the cold :cold:. Was done in about 30mins, not a grazed knuckle in sight :O) even managed to get the filter off ny hand :O) :O)
Question though, and it may be different for you 'high octane' dudes.... How the hell do you get the filter off without and of the oil from the filter line dribbling out! I never manage to get my drip tray in the right place!
Anyway, 210 round mile trip to alloa and I believe the car even felt better :O)

Snow up on the east. Many of you Englandshiremen getting dumped on?:cold:

Never managed to do a filter yet without it dripping as the filter housing is at a silly angle so the oil has no choice but to drip on you.

Just got in from work and drove from Central London to home Suffolk / Essex border and the roads were absolute crap... M11 was really bad for an M road and the A roads were stupid. I saw 1 snow plough in my whole 5 hours round trip and no gritters at all. Makes me wonder where our road tax is being spent once again :laugh:

Real quattro weather up here - snowed from 13:00 yesterday till night, and more overnight.

Thick and white outside, have got to drive 65 miles to Chippenham, just outside Bury St Edmunds.

real "find an empty car park" weather!

Roads this morning were actually ok up here. Drove the 25miles down the M9, a bit of M8 and the A720 (city bypass) to work and the only real snow we encountered was in my office carpark.

Its been snowing over the last hour though, so maybe it will be worse by tonight, but i was impressed by how they'd actually managed to have the roads properly gritted!

Oil change was supposed to be yesterday, but I suddenly made the decision to take my Magnatec back to Halfrauds and get some lovely fully synth stuff instead. Didn't really fancy being on my back in the snow yesterday anyway.

So I spent the morning on my back somewhere else.

hope you didnt pay halfrauds prices for the fully synth oil....

You should find a local motorfactors and use them instead!

costco, 5l Mobil one ......£19

Quite compacted in certain areas, loads of control though on the softer stuff... keeping the window down helps snow spray get in the car :O)

Hmmm. Local motor factors.

Well, the problem seems to be that the motor factors around here are pretty much all cack, all used to dealing with old giffers who don't haggle, and are willing to pay silly money.

If I knew of a decent motor factor...... In fact, I'll start a thread on that. Cheers all.

There's a great one up by my folks. A1 motorstores though I think they may just be a local chain, and one of thee stores bunred down, not quite an independant but they didn't pull nae crap.. Only place I could get the powder form of Clearalix too.

A1 motor stores are nation wide, there is one in Clacton IIRC down Oxford Rd behind the railway station.