how many

stub

the matrix is comin
Reaction score
does anyone know how many a4 1.8t sports were made for the english market. as i've only seen 2 orig an 1 being mine. in east kent:respekt:

erm theres hundereds of thousands of them...

infact most 1.8T's you see are Sports, theres just no badging to say so.

The difference between the Sport and SE is that the Sport had 5 spoke alloys, decent seats, 3 spoke steering wheel, lowered suspension, RS4 spec antiroll bar, RS4 spec steering rack. SE or no-spec came with wheel trims and flat seats, and poverty-spec other parts.

The non-sport 1.8T's are the rare ones tbh, as it would be kinda silly to pick the poverty spec trim level on a mid-range engine choice, you can usually spot them these days wearing nasty aftermarket 15" alloys, added by some previous owner to get rid of the wheel trims!

yer only the 1.8TQS had the Ronal Boleros (10 spoke? with polished rim)

All the other Sport and Quattro models got the same 5 spoke 16" alloys

thanks for that info it helps alot. it all started cos my mate works for audi in kent an said that mines the only one he has seen in the ten years he's worked there

got any pics of it? what did he thing was rare about it? just the fact it was a sport?

I've seen some pre-facelift 1.8T quattros which are pretty rare as it wasnt a Uk model, generally imported from ireland or europe.

he said
1 cos no other than mine has ever been in the audi workshop.
2 as far as he knows mine is the only one sold there.
3 cos it comes up as its a limited edition.

i'm working on pic's of my car

I'm intrigued by this. It seems strange that 1.8t Sports should be so rare visiting that Audi dealership, maybe it is something weird.

It wasn't silver with huge Audi logos, nice wheels and "Biela" written on the passenger windows at all?

What does the V5 say its model is?

What features does the car have which sets it apart from the rest of the A4s?

i was of the understanding that a 1.8T with the sports kit isnt actually a 'T sport'.

I thought that 'T sports' had white dials, half leather etc. i guess it was a fixed factory spec.

there as the sports opion is just that, an option (it appears on the list as a series of options, with the suspension, seats, wheels etc all being listed individual items)

parkers lists them as two cars...

this is a 'T sport' :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-AUDI-A4-1-8-T-Quattro-Sport_W0QQitemZ120363539400

(180hp, half leather, white dials, fancy wheels etc)

In my pre-facelift brochure the Sport and the SE were listed as separate trim options, the spoort benefiting from different rims, sports suspension and sport steering wheel, gearknob etc.

Mine is a sport and the options it has I fitted that I'm aware of are the Leather, Wood, Front armrest and CD Changer.

A 1.8T Sport is by no means a rare item

In my pre-facelift brochure the Sport and the SE were listed as separate trim options, the spoort benefiting from different rims, sports suspension and sport steering wheel, gearknob etc.

Mine is a sport and the options it has I fitted that I'm aware of are the Leather, Wood, Front armrest and CD Changer.

A 1.8T Sport is by no means a rare item

my old diesel is on the V5 as an SE, and has all SE bits, but also has the codes in the boot corresponding to the optional 16" sport wheels, suspension (springs, dampers, bigger front anti roll bar, quicker steering rack), and the leather sports steering wheel; along with the comfort seats and lots of other options!

my new 2.8 appears to have almost every option!

nickkeyser: the car you show above is a 1.8T Sport Quattro, quite a different car, which had the 180hp motor, white dials, half leather interior etc

Our cars V5 says 1.8T SPORT AVANT

As you say, the sport pack is an option, and you can specify parts of it like the seats etc when you purchase any model, but full sport spec cars will have all the kit and SPORT on the V5.

Is there actually anything that the SE had that the sport didnt anyway? I always thaught of the SE as the lower spec model.

well judging by the 12 months it took me to find a decent 1999 1.8t quattro sport avant there can't be too many of them!

ye, unlike the 1.8T Sport, the 1.8TQS is a pretty rare car.

I fancy a Black TQS Avant, and i think i'll be looking for a while!!

Mind you, sometimes the DVLA can be a funny bunch, I've seen V5s where Sports have been called SEs, and vice versa.

There are an awful lot of 2WD 1.8T Sport "quattro"s, where the 4WD conversion has cost the price of a pair of quattro stickers....

mine comes with the followin that i know of:-
leather gear knob an stearing wheel.
wood dash
sports seats
stiffer an lowered suspenion
bigger anti roll bars
16" five spook alloys
uprated steering rack
stainless exshaut with twin pipes on left side
lower front an rare bumpers an side skirts

i think thats it but i'm blonde an male too hehe

Sounds pretty normal except the stainless exhaust.

Have fun with it. I love mine, after three years selling new BMWs and Mercs I enjoy the A4 as much as any of them.

interesting.

Thats all sport spec bar the exhaust and bumpers/skirts

The sport has the same exhaust as all 1.8T's which is mild steel and has twin pipes out the back. You say yours is stainless, but audi didnt fit a stainless system to any B5 A4.

There was a factory option bodykit, (Votex?) which has a spoiler lip on the front and rear bumpers plus a sideskirt pack, perhaps you have this?

I THINK it looks something like this:

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/18850/rcs-on3.jpg

the bumper kits sounds like mine. all i can think is its a one off as it was audi's show car as you walked in the show room. my step father bought it new an i bought it of him 10 yrs later

yeah that looks same as mine apart from mine don't have spoiler on back mate

I actually asked the DVLA if i could change the log book on mine to include the word Turbo or the letter T as i now have a turbo eng. They wanted me to seek permission from Audi to change it, but they wont give it as its not up to them etc. GGRR

i can't see the harm in puttin what is your car now on the doc.

Messes with things from an insurance POV though, which is why they'd only do it with written proof from the manufacturer

Ie they want proof that the car is infact now a "A4 T SPORT" instead of an "A4 SE"

Audi would never give you that confirmation though, as it didnt leave the factory like that.

Spose, its over and above even a turbo spec now, and insured as such, its just fraustrating to hear of people that have made Rs4 saloons have been able to get them classified via Audi. Any way.... I had a 1.8t sport that i bought for 100 and sold on for 350. that was a '97

i'm hoping i can get a pic of my car up on the pic's thread so have a look and see if it is a normal look for a A4 1.8T SPORTS. thanks lad an lasses. also whats the diff from a sports an a s4

my car is on the gallery the green a4 but somehow its come up as a41. o well we know what i mean hehehe

Looks like a regular 1.8t sport. Votex body kit is fairly rare, maybe that is what the dealer was referring to. Though there are quite a few votex kitted cars on here.

1.8TQS are rarer but not unusually so, good ones are though!

Sports and S4 are a world apart.

1.8 150bhp FWD versus 2.7 litre twin turbo 265bhp 4WD. Numerous trim differences too.

1.8TQS is 180bhp 4WD so closer to S4, but still not close enough!

I'm no S4 expert so apologies to any S4 owners if I have some facts wrong!

thanks mate. thats what through me with the body kit on. if static are rite mines not far off the power of the qs. last time mine was checked it was reading 176bhp roughly.