S4 optional extra's.. do i have Bose??

aidank1981

Reaction score
hey all

i've managed to get a print out of all the Audi codes for the optional extra's for the b5 s4. It lists 135 options from the obvious to the obscure however theres no mention of 'bose' anywhere? theres centre arm rests an heated seats, split rears etc etc but no bose mentioned?

i'm aware the face lift s4 (as my april 99 produced one should be?) should have bose embossed on the speakers? is this a def sign it doesnt have it? there seems to be a load of changes over the facelift period, different items being changed at different points of manufacture?

the list has 5 columns, the serial number ie numerical order of optional extra, No. a 3 figure code (on inner sticker of service schedule), Origin (duno what that is), Family (another 3 figure code)
i do have the following going by my book

1 8UD L RAO Radio "concert"
99 8RN L LSE eight loudspeaker (active)

but duno if this is simply standard fitment? any help would be great! cant say i'm overly impressed with the stereo, certainly less so than the bose system in my S3 hence my doubts

i did hope to attach the list on here but cant seem to figure it out how, if anyone wants it i can e-mail it to you or maybe the moderators could post it somehow??

cheers

If you have Bose then you will have Bose badges on the door grilles and you'll also have a subwoofer under the parcel shelf.

Bose system isnt particularly all that great anyway imo.

Craigs S4 has it with the standard concert head unit, and our A4 has a pioneer head unit, standard door speakers and a proper subwoofer in the boot and i think ours sounds a bit crisper and better balanced. The bose sounds a bit bass heavy and not as clear.

Not sure if its down to the pioneer just being a better head unit, and providing more power to the speakers (bose is only 20w or something) or what though.