Spring suggestions

Mutinyno9

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some lowering springs to go with the S4 struts, any suggestions? I have been looking into H&R race and sports springs and also Vogtland.

H&R any given day
u should look into shocks as well, go for the sport springs

race springs will kill ur shocks even quicker

H&R hands doen mate, i would reccomend Koni shocks as well.
As all Konis are hard and slof adjustable...

Anybody know of any good sites i could check out for the Springs and koni struts?

Thanks for the sites. One last question would it be ok if i were to use H&R sport springs on S4 struts or would it be better to just go with H&R sport/race springs with Bilstein shocks?

The H&R setup is always good because they were matched up through proper engineering.
But the S4 shocks with the H&R springs isn't bad either - it's more a question of budget and what it feels like on the road to you. Ride is very subjective. You can find a bunch of people who will rave about either setup, but you have to be happy with the ride that feels right to you.
Try to get a ride in both setups and see for yourself.

Thats what i was going to do. I was going to buy the Sport springs and put them on the S4 struts and see how that goes. Then later buy some Bilstein(or Koni) shocks and use the same H&R springs and see how that goes, and whichever works out better IMO i will keep and sell the other. Eventually, i am going to move over to some Coilover,but lack $$ to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:
Thats what i was going to do. I was going to buy the Sport springs and put them on the S4 struts and see how that goes. Then later buy some Bilstein(or Koni) shocks and use the same H&R springs and see how that goes, and whichever works out better IMO i will keep and sell the other. Eventually, i am going to move over to some Coilover,but lack $$ to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good plan - go with it.

S4 shocks will always feel a little bouncier on the front as they are designed to hold a v6 twin t engin off the ground not the less heavy 1.8T.

What would be better shocks to get Koni or Bilstein. Markey you said that ll Koni are self adj. What would you say about the grooved Bilstein?

Not sure i have heard that Bilstein can be very stiff.
Dependant on what ones you get i do not know there range very well. I think that they are more expensive than the konis as well.