EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: Snub mount DIY

jcb
    6th Gear

Status

Snub mount DIY

bought myself some Tigerseal for Ł10 and attacked the snub mount bush last night.
    bit tricky getting access to it with the bumper etc still in place.
    I don't have an undertray so just got under and started squirting.

Cannot believe how soft the OEM bush is. it is foam FFS! not even rubber.
    anyway, I filled the gap between the poxy OEM one and the housing, left it overnight and most of today and the improvement is remarkable.

I was suffering from a real clunk on low speed gear changes and lift off.
    it has all but gone now, still there a little but nothing like as bad.

Thing I wasn't expecting was the clutch bite and gear changes are much sharper now. I have stalled it twice today because it bites a bit harder than I was used to.
    Not perfect and I will still go for an upgraded one when the engine comes out but for Ł10 it is a belting mod.

2. # ADS
    ADS

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    Nice job! I've just bought an upgraded APR snub mount for mine, gonna fit when I do my downpipes, good to hear it should work well, getting sick of the jerkiness of gear changes and throttle response, especially at low speeds/town driving, also my clutch bite and gear changes are feeling pretty sloppy so hopefully this will go someway to helping stop that too. Gonna fit a DTS too when the money's available to tighten things up further.

I'll report back when the APR snub is in and I've seen how it performs, not cheap for one bush at just over Ł30 delivered from Awesome GTI, but hopefully well worth it by the sounds of it!
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

2nd Gear

Status
    I have the Nuspeed one on my car and it made a hell of a difference.. well worth the Ł30 it cost. Good mod to do to the A4 when you get one.
    Ming Blue A4 B5 RS4 Replica (SOLD)

T28 Kit (SOLD)

6th Gear

Status
    Same as above makes so much difference.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Keep hearing about the snub mount. Where can you get them and how tricky are they to fit as I get a bit of a clonk sometimes.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

6th Gear

Status
    The Tigerseal option... does it cause any issues if you need to put the front clip in service mode?

I'm not using a front snub mount when I install the S8 motor - I'm also having solid aluminium engine mounts made.

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    well it is pretty sticky stuff but as I didn't clean the snub or the holder it is only held in there by its own shape and the unit being together. I found that you can peel it off dirty surfaces pretty easily.

unlikely I will be putting it into service mode anytime soon but a good tug would shift it I reckon

I don't intend to refit the bracket anyway when the engine comes out as I am contemplating a solid or at least track density mount from 034 which comes with its own housing anyway.

definitely going to go round a do some bush more filling with whats left of the tube though.
    Short term but very worthwhile option IMO