Caliper Carriers

Markey

Reaction score
Are the caliper carriers on the Seat Cupra R the same as the TT?

I meant the engine size not the body style, if the discs are the same size then the carriers will be the same.

there are various models of "cupra" some have brembo 4 pots, some use 312mm parts the same as the TT and others use 288mm disks as you have jsut now

You;ll need to see what size of disk and type of calipers the cupra has...

It has the brembos and the disk are 323mm 2002 model.

i doubt the carriers are the same then.

However there is a pretty good chance that they will bolt onto a A4 B5 knuckle, assuming you could find suitable disks...

S4 disks are 323x30mm so they might work?

Thats what i am hoping as i have a set of brembos come up of the cupra r and the VW boys are saying they will fit. My question should have been clearer i know the carriers are not the same i ment the bolt holes etc as i had thought about using the S4 disks :) Thanks for you help

well the TT/Cupra/S3 etc hub has the same caliper bolt spacing as the B5 A4, hence the common mod of using the TT/S3 312mm caliper carrier with the A4 caliper to fit 312mm disks to an A4.

So assuming the Brembo equipped Cupra-R has the same hub as the non-R variants, then i'd assume that they will bolt directly to the audi hub.

The only concern then is getting a disk to work with it as obviously the disk would need to have the correct offset to fit the caliper.

Brakeworld has the dimensions of the S4 disk:
  • Diameter (mm): 323
  • Thickness (mm): 30
  • HT (mm): 47
Unforunately they dont list the dimensions of the Cupra-R disks so you'd need to get one and measure it to see if the S4 disk would work.

The cupra R is
Diameter (mm): 323
Thickness (mm): 28
HT (mm): 35

What is HT

Do you think they might work or am i going to fight a loosing battle what about some 312s?

"height" ie the height of the disk from the back of the friction surface to the wheel face

Means that the cupra disk sat 12mm futher out than the S4 one, and is also 2mm thinner...

However, if we compare the 312mm TT disk and the 312mm B6 A4 disk, we see the same difference, 35mm for the TT and 47mm for the A4, so i would presume that means the caliper mounting lugs are in a different place on the hub and therefore take up the difference

The only concern would be the difference in thickness, you may find theres enough room to get a 30mm disk mounted inside the caliper, or there may not be, its close, but you'll only know for sure by bolting them on.

I have a mate that could skim a mm of each side if needed.

Anyone have a S4 disk local to Kent i could borrow if not i have seen some cheap ones on ebay I would rather try them first.

Thanks for your help aragorn

Where do you get the caliper carriers from to adapt the standard calipers to allow them to sit over 312mm disks

Thanks

Where do you get the caliper carriers from to adapt the standard calipers to allow them to sit over 312mm disks

Thanks

The carriers are from a TT and the disks are from an A6 2.4 TD 312mm.

looks about right, if you've got 312mm fronts i wouldnt go with RS4 rears, you'll shift the bias far too much to the rear.

The vented S4 setup would be ok though, why dont you see if someone who's upgraded an S4 to something bigger has a pair of calipers?

mintex are quite good, i fitted them to ours when i did the 312mm upgrade.

The disks i got were from a B6 A4. They'll be the same part anyway, Brakeworld RS3630.

I found my local motorfactors could beat the ebay prices easily, especially once you add the shipping on.

Dont you have to use different hubs if you want the S4 front brakes im sure some one tried that before?

can anyone link me to where I would get a set of TT carriers, Im searching on ebay I can't find any, but maybe I'm not looking for the right thing :)

when i got mine, i just emailed everyone on there that was breaking a TT, took a few weeks but eventually got a set for £50