what bushes wear on rear of quattro?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
my 2000 quattro sport has done 175k miles now and the bushes at the rear end are prob past there best and im sure there is a slight knock from the back end over some bumps.what bushes is it that wear out and what sort of price are they?

Hmmm. It depends. I've just had a bunch of work done on mine, (235k). Diff mounting bushes, left rear lower track arm, upper right wishbone.... Lower left wishbone bushes.
If you can get under it with the wheels off or the whole thing off the ground, pry the arms with a bar to look for movement, or, if it's cold, wet and you can't be bothered go to a walk in garage tyre franchise type outlet, say you've got a knock from the rear suspension, plead dumb, and they'll a look and advise on what needs replacing. You may have to buy a set of wipers out of it though ;o)

Depending on the worn parts, some you can get from GSF or Eurocarparts (or other fine reputable dealers), some like the track arm are dealer only.

I also took the liberty to replace all necessary bolts and washers as some of mine looked like they'd seen the last ice-age.