Jobs you wish you'd paid someone else to do.

fatal8446

Reaction score
Well changed my steering rack and offside front wheel bearing on wednesday and what a ball ache it was. Think it was the first time from new that the drivers arm had come off and it was seized on and in the process of removing it we managed to knacker on of the control arm boots ( got a full new set coing at the end of the month). When we eventually got that off popped the whole thing in an oven for 30min at 90deg and the bearing pop out with five about 2.5 tons of pressure (the joys of having tools like a 50 ton hyd press at work) well half of it anyways, got to the point whilst i was away that it had knackered the bearing to the point of collapse:ermm:. So after cutting the rest of the bearing off the hub and fitting the new one it was back to the rack. It is not a hard job in its self just a pain, and i couldn't get the boot on the bottom of the inside shaft back on properly. Anyways after about 5 hours the old rack was out and the new one in. Definatly a job to be undertaken with a lift so you can get directly underneath the car.

lol, know the feeling & mine was just upgrading suspension, talk about ball break but now got somethng loose & I've checked everything 20 times over, I am leaning to a bearing as think had issues before did anyway & guessing upgrade has shown a weakness anyway, so when do brake upgrade will change top mounts anyway & maybe bearings

yeah got a set of 18" going on at the end of the month with the coilovers and control arms so im guna have it in peices again :3sadwalk:

but its guna look very nice when its done so it'll be worth it.